Friday, October 23, 2009

Review of Simply Home Yankee Candle Reed Diffuser: Pine

Also on AC. I own all rights

My grandmother was the one responsible for putting me on to reed diffusers. I always found the concept to be stupid, especially considering that I could just buy a candle to add fragrance to our home. However, when I walked into her house, and picked up the immediate scent of fresh cut flowers. I had to ask where it was coming from, because there were no lit candles in her home.

She showed me a small reed diffuser, and I was amazed. I never thought the diffusers would do much when it came to scent.

Ever since though, I have been picking up reed diffusers whenever I come across them. The unfortunate thing about them though is that you cannot just pop open the top and inhale the scent in the store. Reed diffusers come in packages that you can't open in stores to test the scent. That's why reed diffusers are so hit or miss.

I've come across a whole heap of crummy poor quality diffusers; some which don't even release a scent.

Just when I was about to give up entirely on them, I decided to pick up a diffuser from Yankee. Although they are a bit high in price, I knew that Yankee Candle always put out pleasing products, and their products are high in quality. Yankee is one of those companies where spending a bit more, is well worth it.

Pine is one of my top favorite scents. I like burning pine scented candles, I like having pine scented wall plugs, and for me, pine is not just a scent to fill the home with during Christmas. I like it year round, but more so in the fall. It puts me in a festive mood, and overall just provides a refreshing crisp scent that I thoroughly enjoy.

When I came across Simply Home Yankee Candle Reed Diffuser in the Pine fragrance, I had to have it. Priced at $12.99 at Marshall's, I knew it was a deal because at Target the same diffusers sell for $19.99.

The diffuser is sold in a plastic package, so I was not able to test the scent. I went with my instinct and hoped for the best.

The Simply Home Diffuser is packaged with a very cute glass see through mini vase, and a bunch of curly spiral rods, straight rods, and a festive rod with a clay star attached to the top of one of the diffusers. In the package you also get a large bottle of the scent. The diffusers suck the scent up, and release it into the air.

My Use:

I poured the entire contents of the liquid fragrance oil into the glass vase. The scent hit me immediately. It was not the crisp refreshing natural pine scent I was expecting though.

Simply Home Yankee Candle Reed Diffuser: Pine did in fact have a pine scent, but there was something polished and clean about it that gave it more of a mossy meadow fragrance. Sort of like the fragrance mixes you would smell early in the morning after a rainstorm by a lake. The smell is still uplifting and refreshing, but not entirely pine.

The scent however is strong, and lasting. I placed the diffuser in my kitchen and within an hour the entire place was filled with the fragrance, which was a major plus.



I then placed the diffuser in the living room to keep it safe from tipping over. Our kitchen is too busy, and due to the very large opening in the vase, if this diffuser spilled over, the entire contents would pour out.

The living room filled up with the scent in less than 20 minutes, and has smelled fantastic for a week now, with no signs of weakening fragrance. Simply Home Reed Diffuser in Pine, is strong, powerful, and fantastic to have in the home.

It's a safe method to filling your home with scent, without having to light a candle.

Overall:

I cannot recommend this one enough. The scent is strong and it is lasting. I have not come across a reed diffuser quite as potent and spectacular as Simply Home Reed Diffusers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment