Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Review of Glades Fresh Pine & Cedar Reed Diffuser


My review also on AC. I own all rights

I fell in love with Glade's newest Fragrance Collection, especially their Fresh Pine & Cedar Soy Candle. The candle smelled like a Christmas tree, and it was addicting, powerful, and set a nice winter mood in the home. When I came across their Fragrance Collection Reed Diffuser in the Pine & Cedar scent, I did not even hesitate. I scooped it up, and just assumed that it would work wonders, just like the soy candle had.

Glades Fresh Pine & Cedar Reed Diffuser came to $8.99 at my local Target and was a pretty small diffuser compared to my most recent Yankee Candle diffusers. I was willing to overlook its smaller size though, because I thought it would work just as powerful as the sister soy candle.

I was dead wrong, what a complete and utter disappointment this diffuser was.

Packaging:

The diffuser comes in a standard green package, which is actually pretty bland compared to other Glade products. The Fragrance Collection by Glade though has a blander overall look than other Glade products, which is not a big deal, its meant to give it that bland all natural look. I guess natural is bland because most all natural products come in these bland packages. Yawn!

Anyhow, with that aside, the diffuser came with the essentials that any diffuser would. You have a bottle of fragrance diffuser oil, reeds to stick into the bottle, and a cute wooden topper to give the diffuser a nice look for the home. The wood top is unnecessary, but its there to make things look good.

My Use:

When I got home I was excited to set the Pine & Cedar diffuser up in the living room. Prior to this diffuser I had a Yankee Diffuser in there that kept the room smelling like fresh cut Christmas trees, up until the stupid cat knocked the entire thing over.

I figured that the Glade Pine & Cedar Diffuser would make up for the loss, with its fresh realistic Christmas tree fragrance.

When I opened the bottle, I had confidence that the diffuser would work well. It had a powerful pine scent that I loved. I stuck in the rods, and let it do its work.

A few hours after re-entering the room, I noticed that there was...uhm...nothing! Not a single note of pine, nothing at all. I walked up to the diffuser and inhaled. I could smell the pine scent up close and personal, but backing up just a little, and the scent was not detectable at all.

I decided to flip the rods upside down, and let the wetter side hang out of the bottle. I figured the reeds were just taking too long to saturate. Perhaps in the morning the room would smell like Christmas trees.

Unfortunately the next day things were exactly the same. The pine scent not detectable, and the rods were saturated by then, and still nothing.

Overall:

It has now been 6 days since I placed the Glade Pine & Cedar Reed Diffuser into the room, and it has been 6 days since that the room smells exactly the same. Like nothing.

All in all, I find the diffuser to be a waste of $9.00. Save your money, and buy a Yankee Diffuser. Yankee Diffusers have been the only diffusers I have used so far that actually work, and work well. From now on I will just stick with what works.

Get these instead:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment