Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Review of as Seen on TV, Bottle Top


-Review of mine also found on AC
So today while browsing for last minute gifts for Christmas at my local Rite Aide, I came across an interesting concept that initially I was going to buy for someone else for a gift. However I found the idea to be so neat and thrifty that I had to keep them for myself.

Normally I don't like buying As Seen On TV things, but this one seemed pretty fail proof. They are called Bottle Tops.

If you drink a lot of soda or beer from cans than Bottle Tops may be something you will want to pick up for yourself as well. I drink soda in a can daily, and the Bottle Tops concept seemed like something I'd really use, and like if it worked properly.

What are Bottle Tops?

Basically these nifty plastic devices snap on to the top of your soda can, allowing you to close the can up as if it were a bottle. This saves fizz, and will keep your drink from pouring all over the place if it were to be knocked over.
For me I especially liked the idea because I always have a can of coke with me in my car during my commute to and from work. I have to take extra precaution during sharp turns because sometimes the can would tip over and spill. I hoped Bottle Tops would be the quick fix I always wanted, but never thought of.

The Bottle Tops came in a plastic package with approximately 12 toppers. There are many different colors, and all of them are transparent so you can see whats going on inside. They all have a black attached cap that you can push down for when you are not drinking your drink.

My Use:
I really, really hoped they worked. My main concern was having them leak or come loose while drinking. My concerns were all pushed to the side the moment I snapped my first Bottle Top onto my can of coke. The result was pretty remarkable. This simple device actually worked! It held on with a tight leak proof seal, and I didn't feel that at any point it would come loose.

The black cap is probably the only tid bit that's annoying because it rubs against your face as you drink from it.

Overall I find Bottle Toppers to be one of those As Seen On TV products that works, and works well. The set of 12 came to $9.99, and it was well worth it because they are reusable, and came with enough as to where I was able to add them to stockings for friends and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment