Friday, September 25, 2009

Review: Teeth, Werewolf or Witch Choppers


I always go all out every Halloween. I work wonders with prosthetics, create fake scars, burns, cuts and scabs, I am the Halloween queen. Roseanne does not hold a flame next to the creations I come up with every year. I have never lost a costume party, and I don't ever plan on losing.

Last year though I realized after putting together a ghoulish creation that everything looked creepy, scary, fantastic....everything except my teeth!

I have perfect white straight choppers, and even though my prosthetic was awesome, my pearly whites had to be hidden. I realized that I should probably have invested in some fake teeth.

Fake teeth have always annoyed me. I drool, I cannot talk, they fling out of my mouth. They basically suck.

This year though I wanted a pair of fake choppers to go with my costume. I needed sharp pointy teeth that were scary, intimidating, and looked real. I also needed them to stay in my mouth, while allowing me to talk without spitting or drooling.

I browsed numerous sites till I came across a pair that looked exactly like what I needed. With no other name besides Teeth, Werewolf/Witch Choppers.

These choppers though are created using professional dental lab design, and the highest quality acrylic teeth make these fangs look real. The choppers also come with dental adhesive in order to make a mold of your own teeth so the fake ones do not fall out.

Before getting into how the adhesive worked, I wanted to discuss the quality of the Werewolf/Witch Choppers.

They are simply stunning. The sharper long fangs have aging to them that make them look like they are rotting, while the smaller fangs also have the same yellow aging detail to them, with bumps, scrapes, and small cracks giving the teeth an authentic look. All in all they remind me of rotting dogs teeth, which makes them perfect for a wolf costume. The sharp rotting look though is also suitable for a witch. Me being an evil grave keeper, I figured these sharp fangs would look fantastic with my prosthetic mask.

How To Apply:

This is where the tricky part comes in, and there is no room for error. In order to get the teeth to stick to your own teeth you must first remove the 2 included bags of adhesive. One bag contains pink putty, and another contains white putty.

You are to mold these pink and white putty together until they form one solid color. One the putty is molded together you now press it into the mouthpiece of the fake teeth. You will want to get some of the putty to squeeze through the 4 holes located in the mouthpiece. This gives the putty something to hold on to, so squeeze through generously.

I found that using only half the putty will work a lot better than using all of it, so save the other half in case you make a mistake the first time. There is more than enough putty for this.

Once you have the putty in the mouthpiece, stick the choppers onto your upper teeth and push up till you feel the plastic mouthpiece hitting your own teeth.

The next step is to wait for 7 to 8 minutes before removing the teeth. After the time has gone by, remove the teeth in a slow downward motion. What you have left should be an impression of your teeth. If you mess up try again. You may be able to try one more time before the putty hardens.

Once you have an impression take care that you do not touch the putty till it is fully dry. Once dry, you now have a set of fake teeth that will stick in your mouth with no issues. No drooling, no falling out. You can remove them and put them back on effortlessly now that the impression of your teeth are in the putty permanently.

Overall:

If you are looking for a high quality pair of fake teeth this Halloween than look no further. You can find these exact ones on Amazon and other Halloween websites for around $10.00.


Try These Custom Teeth As Well:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment