Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Good or Gross? Review of Limited Edition Candy Cane Tootsie Pops

Once a year when holiday decorations and Christmas lights begin to spread out amongst every single department store, I begin to crave one holiday limited time delight; candy canes!


This past weekend while growing mesmerized by eye bugging LCD lights at a local Target, that sweet tooth began to call, and it was calling for candy canes.

Can you freaking believe that there was not a single package of plain original red and white striped candy canes to be found anywhere in the store. Instead I was standing before an isle of candy canes in every shape, size and color...except for original!

Just when I was about to give up a festive bag caught my eyes, and then the word candy cane. I pulled the bag out of its resting place and before me I held a bag of limited time Candy Cane Tootsie Pops! So what I craved was candy cane, and although Tootsie rolls are not my top favorite candy, I was excited to see how the 2 flavors would mesh together.

The pop itself is white with small red strips running through it. It tastes exactly like a candy cane; my fix! Just what I was looking for. I must say though it was awkward, as I enjoy creating dangerous throat swords with candy canes every year. However I took what I could get, and Candy Cane Tootsie Pops fit the bill.

It takes some time to get to the center, naturally, but soon you reach the tootsie center and the chocolate flavoring begins to envelope the peppermint flavoring creating a nice delicious minty hot cocoa flavoring which I think many will enjoy; not just little kids.

Overall:

If you are also having a tough time finding regular candy canes this year, the way that I was, then try these Candy Cane Tootsie Pops out for size. They will deliver exactly what you are looking for, with a nice little treat wrapped up in the center.

They will only be here for the holidays, so if you are looking to try them start looking now, because you may not see them again for another year if you happen to miss out this year.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment