Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Review of WoodWicks Holly Berry Candle

I recently discovered WoodWicks Candles about 2 weeks ago when I randomly decided to take home their Frasier Fir scented candle. I had no idea how deliciously potent and fabulous this candle was until I lit it. It was love, long lasting love, and when I went on the hunt to find another candle in the same scent I came up empty handed. Well with that scent I did. I managed however to find one very last WoodWick candle on the counter called Holly Berry.


I sniffed it in the store, and did not really love it, but I knew the same thing happened when I sniffer Frasier Fir, it was not strong, bot until it was lit. I figured Holly Berry would deliver the same sort of hidden delights, and sure enough it did.

The candle itself comes in a nice tall glass jar, and immediately you will note one oddball feature about the candle. It's wick is made of wood! This is probably the best and most gnarly wick you will ever come across when it comes to candles. What makes WoodWicks so special, is that the wood wick actually crackles, giving it a neat fireplace crackling like vibe to those who hear it. What I love about the wick, besides the crackling noises, is that when you blow it out, the smell is not as terrible as standard wax wicks.

Holly Berry alone and unlit smells like a weakened down cinnamon spice. It's definitely a holiday scent, and one I enjoy. I just hoped when it was lit it would disperse the fragrance in a much more potent note.

It took about 10 minutes for Holly Berry to really begin to spread throughout our home, but once it started it didn't stop. A warm, rich, and very potent cinnamon spice fragrance began to flood our home, and it is definitely a delight, one we knew would be perfect to burn during our upcoming family Thanksgiving dinner.

The best of course is when the candle is lit, letting off it's fragrances in waves of spiced warm cinnamon, however, the second round of delight comes after the candle is put out, and that is because this candle manages to keep its fragrance trapped in the room which can last for hours. Impressive to say the least, as no other candle I have ever burned flooded a room out with such long lasting fragrance quite like WoodWick Candles do.

This particular candle cannot be found on WoodWicks website at this time, however you can scoop it up on ebay, or other auction sites. If you are particularly lucky you will find it at Marshall's selling for $9.99. In that case grab as many as you can, as you will not be disappointed in this one; or any other WoodWick Candles for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment