Monday, April 05, 2010

D.L. Jardines Blazin Saddle Hot Sauce, Review


My boyfriend and I watch a lot of Man Vs. Food, and we particularly love the episodes where Man is presented with a challenge involving hot, hot, spicy foods. On a quest to finding really hot sauces we came across a few that were made with habenero peppers, which Man claims is very, very hot. So hot that some cannot even handle the heat.
I guess the heat scale has a lot to do with how much habenro pepper is in the actual hot sauce, because we came across a bunch of them that barely even raised the temperature in our mouths.
When I came across D.L. Jardines Blazin Saddle Hot Sauce, it looked like one that may have a lot more heat packed than the other sauces we had tried. Seeing that it was on sale at Marshall's for only $3.00, we figured we'd give it a try.
Hot! Hot! Hot!

Many of you probably landed here because you are looking for a sauce, worthy of being called a hot sauce. You're probably wondering how D.L. Jardines Blazin Saddle Hot Sauce weighs in.
Well, we cooked up some chicken, and sprinkled it with some of the hot sauce to see how it was. I let my significant other taste test first, in case it was too hot for my liking.
After seeing that he was not sweating, or yelping in pain over the heat, I decided it was safe to give it a try for myself.

The hot sauce itself is really good, with a nice zesty zing to it. It's a hot sauce I could eat on a regular. However just as I was about to void it off for being too weak, the heat began to raise in my mouth. It was not a scorching fire, it was a nice mild warming sensation going on, and it was actually pretty good. It did not burn, nor have me reaching for a glass of milk. It simply warmed up my mouth, which was an interesting sensation.
Overall:
D.L. Jardines Blazin Saddle Hot Sauce has a pleasant flavoring, and it does warm up your mouth after you eat it. It's a comfortable heat level; not one that burns at all.

As far as dousing your fried chicken in this hot sauce, I'd say go ahead, it is safe, and adds a nice warm spice to your food, without the heat being unbearable.
Where to Buy:

I found this hot sauce for sale in the kitchen aisle in Marshall's. If you want a bottle check there, or look for it online. It sells online for around $7.00 a bottle.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment