Monday, April 05, 2010

Febreze Sport, Is It Any Good?


Febreze has always been a top choice of mine when it comes to home fragrances. I have especially loved their Air Effects, and their latest candles and home fragrance products.


About a week ago I stopped down my laundry isle at my local Target,, down this isle while stocking up on some detergent, I came across a new product on the shelf made by Febreze.

It's called Febreze Sport, and it comes in a much different looking bottle from what I expect to usually find from Febreze. The bottle itself was rather large, with a silver color to it. Had I not looked closely, I would not have even known Febreze made it. It looked more like something Adidas would try to sell you.

At any rate, when I saw the Febreze logo, I was intrigued. Instead of a usual home fragrance freshener, Febreze Sport is designed to target more smelly of fabrics that you cannot throw into the washing machine to clean. Febreze Sport is meant for things like sneakers, sport apparel, and gear.

I wanted to try it for my sneakers, because sometimes if my shoes get wet, the smell is not something I want to keep around. Although powders seem to work well enough, they are short lived, and messy, so I could not wait to give Febreze Sport a try.

I knew exactly what shoes was going to use it on. A pair that had gotten wet a few weeks prior. I sprayed some of the Febreze Sport directly into the sneaker a few times, and waited for it to dry before sniffing the shoe.
I must say, it worked, the shoes definitely had a fresher smell to them, and the horrid stink of wet feet were no longer as present. I sprayed the entirety of the sneaker down once more, and the shoes smelled 100% fresh. I wondered if the fresh scent would last though, or if the wet sneaker stink would come back after wearing the shoe for awhile.
Results:

The wet sneaker scent was pretty much gone. I wore the shoes for the day, and not once did a whiff of wet foot creep up into my nose. I did however smell the fresh scent that the Febreze Sport has, which is a fresh linen type of smell, with a really nice breezy cool water type of scent.
Overall:

Febreze Sport works, and I will continue to buy this one to freshen up fabrics, sneakers, and other apparel that do not hit the wash often; or at all. It keeps sneakers smelling fresh, and if it can do that, it can freshen up just about anything (including stinky armpit scents that get stuck in clothing after a hard workout),

I picked this one up at Target for $3.00, after using a $1.00 off coupon. If you have a pair of smelly old shoes you would like to freshen up to re-wear, than I would highly suggest picking up a bottle of Febreze Sport.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment