Monday, April 05, 2010

Sprinkles Cookie Crisp Cereal, Review

About 2 months ago I came across something entirely new by Cookie Crisps. They were a limited edition flavor called Birthday Cake. Lately a lot of new birthday themed cereals have been released for a limited time. I have found Cupcake Pebbles, and more recently, Sprinkles Cookie Crisp.


I thoroughly enjoyed Cookie Crisp Birthday Cake, and Cupcake Pebbles were awesome too. Both packed a delicious realistic vanilla cake flavoring. It was like having desert for breakfast.

When I came across Sprinkles Cookie Crisps though I wondered if they would taste just like Cookie Crisp Birthday Cake cereal. The reason I wondered this was due to the fact that the cereal displayed on the box, looked identical to the cereal displayed on the birthday cake version of Cookie Crisp.

The crisps are a vanilla white in color, with small colorful rainbow dashes of speckles on it.

After opening the box, I was a little disappointed in how similar they were to the birthday cake version. It gave off the same fresh vanilla frosting scent that the birthday cake version gave off. Granted it's a delicious scent, I had a really good feeling that they were going to taste the same.
Taste:

As I expected Sprinkles Cookie Crisp tasted just like Birthday Cake Cookie Crisp. It had the exact same vanilla frosting flavor, and they even looked exact in appearance.

Although I was disappointed to see that these crisps were nothing more than the same one's I already tried (just different packaging), the cereal is still really delicious, and if you can find them I would recommend you try them, just don't buy these and the birthday cake version because they are exactly the same.

Overall:

Sprinkles Cookie Crisp Cereal is really good, and it's like serving desert for breakfast. It has a realistic vanilla cake flavoring to it, with a morning breakfast crunch bite. They likely will be hard to find soon, so if you happen to run into them, grab a box. If you like cake, you will enjoy this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment