Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mmmm... Review of Pancake Pockets by Entenmann's

When I first spotted a box of Pancake Pockets by Entenmann's, I was definitely intrigued at what these things would taste like. On the box they features a photo of 2 smaller sized pancakes sandwiching in maple

syrup. I wanted to try them, and wondered how on earth Entenmann's executed Pancake Pockets without the syrup making the pancakes soggy and disgusting.

I have no idea how they did it, but my God they did it, and they did it right. This is like a dream breakfast on the go, it is not messy, it's easy to eat, and they are delicious!

The syrup in the middle of the 2 pancakes is done up a bit thicker in order to keep the syrup from running. I eat them both cold out of the box, and sometimes I will throw one into the microwave for a few seconds to heat it up. Heating them up gives them a more real deal type of texture as the pancake becomes a little more limber and less thick and stiff. It also allows the maple syrup to loosen up a bit.

Taste:

The pancakes themselves taste almost exactly like McDonald's hotcakes, where the pancake itself tastes like it already contains the perfect amount of sweet butter making it so you do not have to add any, and the syrup just about matches McDonald's brand of maple syrup as well, only in Pocket Pancakes the syrup is thicker, but just as equally delicious.

Each Pancake Pocket is individually wrapped allowing you to easily tote them along with you.

For me they are good to go out of the box, and it makes my mornings a lot easier. I do not have to stop anywhere for breakfast,or wake up earlier to cook. These come right out of the box and I bring one along with me to work every morning.

Overall:

For those of you whom love pancakes, but hate having to cook them yourself before heading off to work, Entenmann's Pancake Pockets are the perfect real deal substitute. They combine genuine flavor in a simple form, allowing you to just pop one into your bag and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment