Thursday, March 31, 2011

Review of Nana Saver- The Banana Container!

What a silly, stupid looking thing', was exactly what I though when I spotted the Nana Saver hanging from a small rack on the checkout-line at my local Walmart. But then, just as quickly as I thought the storage

container was stupid, was as quickly as I was picking it up and plopping it into my cart as a last minute whim of a purchase.

I eat bananas! I never eat the whole thing, and I usually store the other half in the fridge only to come back to it later on to find it so revolting to look at, that it ends up getting tossed outside to the birds an squirrels.

I figured hey, maybe this Nana Saver will actually work, no matter how silly the thing looks.

The Concept:

Basically you place a cut half of a banana into the narrow opening, and close it. It will then keep the banana from being exposed to the elements, which quickly brown it.

I did not see how it would work, or why it would work, but I was hoping it actually did work.

Results:

I got around to using the Nana Saver yesterday after using half a banana in my cereal. I wanted to save the other half so naturally I turned to my new Nana Saver, and placed it into the refrigerator.

This morning I woke up, and to my surprise, the Nana Saver had actually done exactly what it said it would do. It kept my fresh banana from turning brown, and I was actually able to eat the banana without tossing it due to the gross browning process.

Overall:

Like a book, do not judge it by its cover. The Nana Saver may look like another one of those stupid tools you do not need, but when it actually comes down to it, this storage container works, and it works well. If you eat bananas on a regular basis and find you are always tossing half of it due to it spoiling or looking too disgusting to eat, perhaps the Nana Saver would come in handy for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment