Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Review of Snyder's of Hanover Jalapeno Cheddar Pumpernickel Pretzel Sandwiches

Back in December I was hooked on Snyder's of Hanover York Peppermint Patti Chocolate Covered Pretzel Sandwiches. So now, whenever I am browsing the pretzel section of my local Target I seek out new releases by Snyder's of Hanover.

My weekend find went to Snyder's of Hanover Jalapeno Cheddar Pumpernickel Pretzel Sandwiches, a new pretzel filled sandwich from the company I so love and adore. Being a fan of spicy hot jalapenos I figured these sandwiches would become my newbie favorites.

They are made up pretty much the same way all of Snyder's new filled pretzel's are made. 2 Pretzel rounds flooded with a delicious center. In this case jalapeno cheddar.

So how are they?

Snyder's of Hanover Jalapeno Cheddar Pumpernickel Pretzel Sandwiches are bite sized, and initially taste delicious. They pack a nice fresh crisp crunch thanks to the high quality pretzels, followed up by a spiced center. The thing though I did not care for was the center though.

These jalapeno cheddar stuffed pretzel sandwiches are more pepper flavored than they are anything else. I did not get a sense of genuine jalapeno flavoring, and the supposed cheddar flavor was non existent to the taste buds.

I was expecting delicious creamy salted center, with a nice tinge of jalapeno, but instead what it tasted like was a peppery center, and the lack of that mouth watering salt I should have gotten from the cheddar was not at all present.

Overall:

The pretzels are good, but the center needs work. I would have called this one black pepper, because that is really all you taste.

Not my favorite Snyder's filled pretzel sandwich, but also not bad, they are tolerable and you can eat them without an issue. I just wished the flavor in the middle was more realistic to what they named them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment