Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Love My TV!!! Review of The Samsung 40" 1080p Flat-Panel LCD HDTV, Model #LN40A550


If you bothered to view this page likely you're in the market to finally coughing up all that cash and buying yourself a nice big screen. An HDTV to be precise.

The reason I'm writing this here review though is for those who are particularly interested in the Samsung 40" 1080p Flat-Panel LCD HDTV, Model #LN40A550.

Lemme tell you bout my best friend, this HDTV is my best friend...

I was hesitant on purchasing the HDTV due to the fact that this thing came to a jaw dropping $1,300 at Best Buy.

Every time I went in to the store to pick a set, I was left feeling overwhelmed. There were honestly too many units out on display for me to make a decision.

However on my 3rd trip to the store, a really suave salesman managed to talk me into the unit. To be honest, I have always found salesmen to be pushy, and annoying, and many of them won't help you if you are too indecisive. This one fella though, he was born to be a salesman, because he knew what he was talking about, and he knew how to pressure me without making me feel pressured. I know that sounds crazy, but this guy was amazing.

I was honestly going to go with a smaller set from LG priced at $800. However after seeing this particular model in all it's glory, I felt like Ralphie, the kid on A Christmas Story staring at an official Red Ryder BB Gun.

The picture was stunning, and there is no other way to put it. I highly, highly recommend that if you are getting an HDTV, that you cough up a few hundred more dollars for a Blu Ray player, or a Playstation 3, because HDTV just is not the same unless you are using it to view Blu Ray Discs.

The visuals that this HDTV gives off is seriously enough to bring tears to your eyes (if you're a guy, this HDTV is total boner worthy, so don't feel weird if you start sporting a chubby when you come across this model).

Setting up the HDTV was simple. I thought it would be difficult, but as soon as I got home I began setting it up in my bedroom. The HDTV comes with it's own stand, but you are free to buy the wall stand, or unit to hang this beauty up on the wall if you want.

I simply placed it on a tall unit, and plugged it in. I also bought myself a Monster HDMI cable to get a clearer picture. I tried it with and without the HDMI cable, and I will say that the picture quality was much much higher when you set ANY HDTV up using an HDMI cable. I highly recommend Monster brand, even though speculators will tell you they work as good as $20 HDMI cables.

My brother who bought a cheap HDMI discovered that his were defective. This is only why I recommend you buy Monster Brand. If you want to go ahead any buy cheaper HDMI Cables, by all means go for it. But truly, I had never had an issue with Monster brand.

Anyhow, once the HDTV was all set up, all I had to do now was tinker with the picture colors, and options in order to get the best picture for my room lighting.

There are many sweet options for you to tinker with, from gaming, to movie settings.

If you're not the kind to mess with settings though, you can leave it at the default factory settings if you want. The differences are subtle, so it's not a big problem.

The LN40A550 comes with 3 available ports for HDMI cables. This means you can plug in a playstation 3, an XBOX360, and whatever else your hearts content. There is also an available slot to plug in your PC and use this big bad boy as a monitor!

The sound that the unit gives off is also perfect. I was going to buy a surround sound theatre system to go with the HDTV, but really the sound comes out perfectly, and buying a theatre system would just be a waste. Nice to have yes, but not necessary.

Picture quality as I stated is ice crystal clear. When viewing a regular DVD you get stunning clarity. When viewing a Blu ray, you will be blown away. Regular TV also goes up a notch, but due to Cablevisions lack of bandwidth picture quality is not that sharp. It is however 100 times better than viewing TV on an old boob tube.

Overall I thought I would have buyers remorse when it comes to this HDTV, but I've had it for a good long while now and have had absolutely no issues with the Samsung LN40A550 at all.

If you're in the market for an HDTV, definitely consider the Samsung 40" 1080p Flat-Panel LCD HDTV, Model #LN40A550, because as of now it is priced at around $1,100 at Best Buy. You can probably find it even cheaper if you want to purchase it online.

-My reviews may also be published on HubPages. I own the Content Homies!!!



$520 Off Sony BRAVIA 46" LCD HDTV and PlayStation 3 Package. Valid 4/30-5/2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment