Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Review of Samsungs SyncMaster 2232 BW Plus, LCD Computer Monitor




Sitting on my desk used to sit a neanderthal of a monitor. It took up the entire desk, had a fat butt and was in desperate need of an update.

I fell in love with my Samsung HDTV, so I knew I wanted something from Samsung. I wanted a slim and sleek model to match that glorious TV, and I wanted to spend as little as possible.

Although I would not consider $269.99 cheap, the Samsung SyncMaster 223S BW Plus, LCD Computer Monitor was a lot cheaper than most models from other high end companies were.

I went with it though because in the store it gave off a crisp, clean and sharp image. It also had that nice sleek black polished mirror finished frame just like the HDTV. It was love at first sight.

I also really liked the monitors power on button which is located on the right side of the frame. When powered on a fancy neon blue light goes on. I don't know what it is with electronics and neon lights, but I do love them as it they scream for attention. For those of you wondering though, the light is non-distracting when you are viewing the screen.

As far as resolution goes the monitor is 1680x1050, which is damn sweet. The picture as I said is flawless, crisp and easy on the eyes. Consider it a mini HDTV for your computer! It's nice.

Out of the box you of course have the monitor, the base where the monitor clicks in to, a DVI plug, and a standard VGA cable, and of course the power cable which fits into a standard wall outlet.

I set the monitor up using the DVI cable for the best clarity possible.

Once I had the monitor up and running I simply adjusted the settings by using the buttons that reside at the bottom of the monitor.

All in all I love pretty much everything about the monitor. I love the bright colors, the array of colors, the sharpness, and mostly the crystal clear clarity.

The one thing though that I am not all too fond of is the SyncMaster 2232BW Plus logo that is located on the upper left hand corner of the monitors sleek black frame. With the Samsung logo located at the very bottom, I just feel like there is too much promotion going on on the monitors frame.

The sleek mirror finish is also a bit of a dust collector, but it is nothing a few shots of compressed duster cannot take care of.

Other than that though, it's a sweet buy and it has yet to give me a single issue since buying it about 7 months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment