Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Plymouth Bagged Rubber Bands Assorted Colors and Sizes


RUBBER BANDS!

Yes we can do reviews on paperclips, pens, notebook pads, and pencils, but there is just not enough reviews on RUBBER BANDS! What’s the deal with that?!

This review should put me in the spotlight, who else can say they are cool enough to write about rubber bands? (Oh yeah that guy before me)

Okay so rubber bands… where to start? I found my Plymouth assorted sizes bag at Staples. This means my bag o' fun comes in sizes small enough to fit around a highlighter, or large enough to fit around a giant kankle. That's about it. Some are wider than others, and some are so thin they snap the moment you stretch them out.
I got them for $3, Yeah they are hiking up in price. True!

WHAT'S THE POINT?

What I like to do with my colorful rubber bands varies from day to day.
Like when I’m in a good mood, I will put them on and use them as pretty fashion accessories for my wrist, and the boys go gaga, and the girls just get jealous with envy.

“Where Oh Where can I get One Of Those Bee-Yooty-Ful bracelet’s!?” They all ask. Tee-hee!

I know, not everyone can be as cool as me. I don’t tell them my fashion secret. These rubber band beauties are mine. All mine!

When I am in a playful mood I will wrap the rubber band around my pointer finger and thumb, -this is a tricky rubber band-flicking gun trick that only us rubber band pros know of. Once you lower your thumb the rubber band goes flying with major force and speed. If you aim correctly you will always hit your target. 90% of the time anyways.

If I’m in a bad mood, or if someone has just recently boiled my blood, I will use the rubber bands as weapons. This is similar to the rubber band gun, only it hurts a lot worse. Again position the rubber band on your pointer finger and your thumb. Walk up to the enemy, place the stretched out rubber band on their skin, and pull back and release. This will leave a nice red mark, and the sting is quite painful.

Another fun playful thing I like to do with my bag of rubber bands:
While I’m sitting at the office on a dead day I make myself a rubber band guitar.
That’s right! It's easy! Follow these simple directions:

You get yourself a ruler, and pick out the longest rubber bands from the assorted bag and you wrap a few around the ruler. You now have yourself a practical yet fun toy! Everyone will be so jealous at the office.

They are Oh so convenient too. You can also use rubber bands as hair ties! Yes they rip your fur out when you try to remove them, and yes it hurts, and yes it’s probably really really bad for your hair, but it still works. Not only that it’s like the “IT” girl thing to do. Haha.

What else, hmm hold on let me think for a minute Gez… try to contain your excitement! I know you’re just dying to own these rubber bands now!

Oh yeah! The RUBBER BAND BALL. This is another oh so fun thing you can do with your rubber bands. You first must get a ping-pong ball, or tennis ball. Keep wrapping rubber bands around them, over and over again. Eventually you will be left with one neat super bouncy ball. These are most fun, and everyone will try to steal it from you. It’s that cool!

THEY ARE FOR EVERYONE!

OFFICE GEEKS LIKE ME:

Nerdy people may want to use rubber bands to roll up documents or whatever. I find this unnecessary but some people may want to use the rubber bands for that. God only know why?

TEENS LIKE THEM TOO:

I’ve also seen some wacky teens wrap rubber bands around their fingers to cut off circulation. I don’t know what it is with teens and thinking it is cool to do this- but they do, so maybe you want to keep these rubber bands away from teens… they do weird things with them.

WARNINGS

Rubber bands should not be chewed no matter how cool a texture they are. You can swallow them and have them wrap around your insides and cause internal issues.
Don’t eat rubber bands, don’t chew on them, don’t suck on them… as a matter of fact don’t even put them near your face! Yeah you!

Also keep them away from children please. There is no warning on the bag, but lets play safe okay!? Kids can choke on them!

THERE'S MORE, OH YEAH!

You can also use these rubber bands for finger exercise. It’s like a workout for fat fingers. Like if your fingers are swollen for the day for some reason, you can do the rubber band workout. It’s most effective! My fingers are so tone and slender now.

Rubber bands come in a wide assortment of thickness and in length, not to mention colors.
Don’t go crazy now, but they come in…
Pink, blue, green, white, tan, yellow, red, orange, black, neon colors, pale colors, pastels, you name it, the rubber band can satisfy any color need you may be looking for.

The downfall about the rubber band though is that they can snap on you. If you stretch them too much they break. Now if someone could just invent the indestructible rubber band, then… well… wow I’d be impressed!

SPECIAL INGREDIENTS:

I should also add that rubber bands are made of, um, rubber- so if you are allergic to rubber, you may want to avoid these little guys.
Rumor has it that there is sulfur in the mix too, so sometimes your bands may smell like farts or rotting eggs. I have yet to smell this stink, these rubber bands smell like rubber. Nothing more.

PRACTICAL JOKES TO PLAY ON YOUR FRIENDS
1. You can leave a rubber band in the freezer and give them to someone who may need one. The rubber band will becomes so brittle that when someone goes to use it, it will snap. You get to sit back and laugh at your evil deed.

2. You can also leave a few of them out in the sun and give them to people. They will dry up into a sickly cracked look. These rubber bands are useless. The moment someone goes to use them they will flake apart. hehehe.

3. The poor mans braces. This is always fun. Wrap the rubber band around your back teeth, and position them on like braces. You can pick any color, and they're a real hoot. However I did say keep them out of your mouth, so do this at your own risk if you must.

I love rubber bands; I recommend everyone try them out. If you haven’t yet, go and buy a big huge bag, the possibilities are endless!

Now wasn't that fun!? Who said rubber bands had to be boring!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment