Thursday, April 02, 2009

The Sims 2, for PC


My love for The Sims 1 was what brought me to buy the newest addition, The Sims 2. I already had my copy pre bought before it even hit the shelves. I knew if I didn't get my copy early I'd most likely be waiting a month after it came out, to get it at all.
Low and behold though, I had my copy. Day 1.

Installation was a bit timely for the new game; about 7 to 10 minutes, but it wasn't that terrible, seeing how Maxis added a little memory matching game for you to play while waiting for the installation process. Depending on your PC system, times vary.

I noticed immediately the hours that I would be putting into this new game, and the lifelike graphics, and facial expressions the Sims now have were extremely neat compared to the original game.

I created my family, which was incredible, because your options are not limited. I mean if you wanted to get all technical and spend about a half an hour making a character look like yourself, you could - which I did.
My characters look just as human as I allow them to, or as distorted as I wish.

Next was moving my new family into a home. Only uh oh! No money, no money. I want a mansion. Not some shack.

Naturally I use the Simolean cheats to start building my mansion; which now I can make 4 story's high, as were in The Sims 1, you were only allowed to have a 2 story home. How about a pool inside as well. Yeah!

Something is new about my family though that I wasn't used to at all. They get fat. My Sim wouldn't stop stuffing her face, and I had to fill the fridge a lot. Shes quite disgusting too. Burps, farts, waves it around and then laughs to herself.

Whats this!? She ages too. I'm a little sad by this though, I know eventually the girl I created will soon die. In about 15 days to be precise.

So I literately have 15 days to get this girl a career, so I can buy things in the career rewards section. Another new feature of the Sims 2.

I really want the candy making machine, so I choose to put her in a cooking career path.

She is very lazy though, she barely leaves the couch, and no matter how many times I direct her to take a shower or clean up, the more she fusses. That's what I get for giving her zero points in active.

She was also assigned the romance aspiration. So this could be why shes not focused on her career, and wants to do woohoo with jut about anyone who comes onto the lot. This task however is not easy.

She already wants to have woohoo with 5 different Sims. So my Sim is a fat lazy.. ehh hemmm... you know what I mean.

She doest play her cards right though. My Sim has woohoo with Rob Sim. Rob Sim has fallen in love with her. After they make woohoo he decides to stay on my lot for almost 3 days. Gez! However the male maid has also fallen in love with her, they have woohoo when Rob is still on the lot. VERY BAD! Rob goes crazy. The two men end up fighting and eventually Rob leaves.
Only not for long, because for almost everyday after he is in her front yard knocking her garbage can over, which creates roaches if it's not cleaned up in a timely manner.(Cleaning up roaches can also make your Sim sick) It can be quite annoying having to clean up every day, risking disease. My Sim has become quite the player, by day 10. Shes already woohoo'ed it up with about 10 guys. Shes up to one per day. But her mood meter is sky high. She loves her seducing ways. The perfume that you can buy from the gypsy woman also helps greatly, when it comes to wooing another Sim.
My Sim however has one day left for the age transition. Shes about to become old. Sigh*, soon after I know it will be time to say goodbye. I wonder if she feels bad about not ever having any children. She doesn't seem upset by it. But I am a little bit. I feel bad for an object that isn't even really alive. Ive went and got all attached to my Sim as if she were real. I wanted her to accomplish more before she got old. But now theres nothing I can do but wait for her death. Which came 12 days later. Sigh*

Other features in the game which I haven't experienced myself are as follows.
Men can now get pregnant. Hehe. Yes men. If you have a male Sim look into the telescope there is a random chance that he is abducted by aliens and has himself an alien baby 3 days later. It will be born as an alien. It will look human but have green skin.

New career paths, and career rewards. Ex. Golf putter, boot camp training maze, candy machine, chemistry lab, and more.

Twins!!!! That's pretty self explanatory; Ive yet to have a set of twins, but I'm waiting for one of my Sim moms to finally bless me with twins.

Teens. Your child will age to a teen, and there are a lot of fun things to do with them. Like sneaking out, first kiss. Cute things that teens go through. Zits too. hehe.

There are also several new ways of death early. Like cloud watching, theres a random chance that a satellite hits your Sim and kills him. If your home is too dirty there is a chance of a huge swarm of flies that will kill your Sim, and there's a random chance that your Sim is attacked by them, resulting in death.

There is also the community lot which any Sims fan is familiar with. These are lots throughout your land where your Sim can shop, and or meet new Sims.

Also there is a new delivery system. Sims can still get pizza, but now Chinese food as well. Also you have to order groceries. Your fridge runs out of food now. Ahh! No problem though, your delivery man will be there in almost a minutes time. So you don't need to worry about starving to death.

Oh and also your Sim can be scared to death by another Sim that may of died on the lot. The color of the ghost on the lot will show how that Sim died. Red, means the Sim died in a fire, blue drowned in water. Green sickness.. etc. A very angry ghost is usually the ones that have died of starvation. If the ghost sees your fridge is empty he may throw things, scream a lot, and even scare a living Sim to death. SO WATCH OUT! Hehe!

You will have so much fun with this game, any age you may be.
There are also expansion packs available for The Sims 2 in which will add even more hours of entertainment. There is so much to do.

I recommend this to any Sims fan and non Sim fan. Seriously once you start playing you honestly cannot stop. Addicting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment