Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Review: The Dog Bakery, Gourmet Meal: Chicken Carrots, Green Beans and Rice Recipe

I came across a semi decent sized pouch of The Dog Bakery, Gourmet Meal: Chicken Carrots, Green Beans and Rice Recipe, at my local Walmart. Although it was a bit more pricey than what I normally would pay for dog food, I like to spoil my dogs every now and again, and there was more than enough in the pouch to satisfy both my large dog, and my toy sized dog.

Unfortunately though, I did not really know what I was getting, as the pouch is completely sealed with no viewing window to see exactly what this supposed gourmet meal looked like. By the looks of the photograph the company affixed to the package though, everything made it look like it would be a good solid, healthy meal for my dogs. However, any consumer knows, that looks can be deceiving.

Out of the Pouch:

The meal seriously did look good enough to eat, even for a human. I have had stews and pot pie fillings that looked almost the same, so I was happy with the overall appearance, and the aroma is fresh as well, and appealing to what I believed my dogs would like.

Did They Eat It?

That's the main question, no matter how good it looked to me, and how appealing the aroma was, everything would be pretty wasteful if they didn't touch it.

My larger dog scoffed his portion down in a record time, which was not unusual, this dog is a glutton and will usually eat everything. Now my little guy is the picky eater, and he simply gave his portion a sniff, and walked away.

All in all though, I feel that so long as your dog is not picky he will enjoy this one. Picky eaters may just give it a glance, so take this into consideration when purchasing the pouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment