Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Review of Caribou Coffee, Caribou Blend K Cups

When you purchase a Keurig Brewing System, more than likely your purchase will come wth a 12 K Cup Variety sampler pack. Basically this is the only reason I got hold of Caribou Coffee, Caribou Blend K Cups. All in all it did not look like a coffee I would purchase, as I am more into unique flavors or limited edition spiced flavors.

Seeing that it was pretty much free and thrown my way, I was not going to skip out on trying it.

While Brewing:

The Caribou Coffee, Caribou Blend K Cup smelled promising while it was brewing in the Keurig, so I felt confident in thinking that my cup of Joe would taste as divine as it had smelled.

I added my usual packet of sugar, and a dash of milk.

The Flavor:

Out of the 6 or so varieties I have tried thus far, Caribou Coffee, Caribou Blend has got to be one of my least favorites in the entire batch.

I brew my coffee on the Keurig using the standard 8 ounce mug size, and usually my coffee comes out perfect, with a nice balance of flavor and strength.

When it came to brewing an 8 ounce cup of Caribou Coffee, Caribou Blend, the story was much different. The coffee has a very obvious watery quality to it, followed by this ultra bitter, ultra bad aftertaste.

The aftertaste is so bitter that using some of my flavored creamers could not do this one justice. Instead you end up with a watery brew, with flavor and a nasty bittery aftertaste that lingers regardless of what you add.

Overall:

All in all, I was glad to have been given the freebie K Cup to try, at least I know now what brand to avoid for future purchases.

Recommended?

No, not unless watery and bittery coffee is what you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment