Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Review of the New Keurig Platinum Brewing System

I am a coffee junkie, and for the past year now I have passed by Keurig Brewing Systems, with a scrunched up sad face. I kept telling myself eventually I will get one; but every time I nearly bought one, I could not justify spending that much money on a system. Lady luck decided to knock on my door when I was literally given a brand new one for half the price of what one would normally pay.

Instead of spending $100 on a standard system, I spent a mere $100.00 on the Keurig Platinum Brewing System.

Packaged with the system comes a 12 K Cup variety pack which includes some of Keurig's top sellers (although I personally would have chosen otherwise).

Appearance:

Nearly everyone I know refers to Keurig Brewing Systems as the Ferrari in coffee makers, and I have to say, since owning one that statement has lived up proudly and true.

The Keurig Platinum Brewing System is literally a gorgeous machine, with a near retro yet modernized shape to it. This particular model has a water chamber set off to the right, which glows a neat blue color when brewing. To the left you have your control panels which allows you to adjust you cup sizes, your waters temperature, and other things such as auto, which allows you to set the brewer to begin brewing automatically for you in the morning. The panel also includes a clock for you to adjust.

At the center you have your brewers K Cup holder, where you place your K Cups while waiting for the water to heat up to temp.

Set Up:

Setting the Keurig Platinum Brewing System up was simply a breeze. You will however want to run a few cycles of water through the water chamber and clean it out, or your first batch of coffee will tastelike plastic.

Once your chamber is clean and full of water, you can then insert your choice of K Cup into the holder and close it up. Wait until the system blinks that it is ready to brew, and hit the middle silver button to begin the brewing process.

The entire process of brewing a cup of coffee on a machine that was initially left off will take around 2 minutes.

Clean Up:

Besides the delicious hot fresh coffee this machine makes brewing your morning cup on the run an absolute diamond considering how fast and easy it is to clean. In a world that is moving fast, and quickly moving faster, this machine allows you to keep up with your daily demands, without stealing any time.

Clean up is as easy as lifting the K Cup chambers latch up, and chucking out the cup. No filters, no grinds, no mess at all. I wished I had purchased one ages ago.

The Coffee:

With over 200 brands of K Cups you will never have to worry about not having enough variety to choose from. Keurig even offers limited edition flavors of coffees, teas and even hot cider, which you will see coming around during the fall and winter seasons.

Overall:

Perfectly fresh, hot and delicious coffee every time, with zero hassle. It's like having a coffee shoppe in your very own kitchen, and I could not recommend this system enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment