Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Review of Limited Edition Archer Farms, Pumpkin Pie Spice Coffee

About a month ago, I picked up a bag of pumpkin spice coffee, and sadly I was not able to find this particular brand again. It sold out, and for good reasoning; it tasted simply divine.

While out searching for a new bag of coffee, I came across Limited Edition Archer Farms, Pumpkin Pie Spice Coffee. I was able to smell the aroma of the coffee through the bag, and it had a much darker roast scent to it than the first bag of pumpkin flavored coffee, and it's pumpkin scent was a lot more realistic than the other brand as well. Archer Farms coffee smelled more realistic to a pumpkin pie as well, it has that warm pumpkin fragrance to it, with a tint of cinnamon. Only it seemed perhaps a little too strong in regards to flavor. Even with the darker aroma, I wanted to try it out, especially considering the fact that this too would be on shelves for a short period of time.

Brew:

I went straight ahead and brewed up a pot of the coffee once I got home. I noticed quickly that the scent was al little overpowering once it started brewing. The pumpkin scent smelled more like pumpkin puree, with a hint of cinnamon. It smells like pumpkin pie alright, but at the same time it smells like pumpkin pie that is missing a few ingredients.

With Milk and Sugar:


It was pretty horrible with just milk and sugar. That pumpkin puree flavor was overwhelming, and the sugar I added was not enough to boost the flavoring and make it somewhat good.

I would not give up though, I knew I could mix this brew up with something more to possibly make it more tolerable, and less pumpkin puree like.

With Half and Half and Flavored Creamer (coconut):


Yes, coconut is an odd mix to add to pumpkin flavored coffee, however it actually transformed the cup into a really good one. The pumpkin flavor was less overbearing, and the coconut mix added a sweetness and smoothness that it was lacking before.

Overall:


Limited Edition Archer Farms, Pumpkin Pie Spice Coffee is not a very good flavored coffee on its own. In order for it to be tolerable I would suggest a very small dash of flavored creamer. Coconut worked very well in mine, as well as a french vanilla or cinnamon bun creamer.

Alone with milk, all you taste is a whole lot of pumpkin puree flavoring, which really kills the actual essence of the coffee.

This one gets 2 stars out of 5 from me.
4 stars out of 5 when you add a flavored creamer.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment