Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Review of Cafe' Escapes, Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa K Cups

 It is times like these when you wish that you could buy your K Cups individually, just to try them. If you like them, then you can go back and buy a big ole' box. Sadly, I am not stuck with a whole heap of Cafe' Escapes, Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa K Cups, because they are truly that disgusting.

I picked them up initially after growing excited about buying a new Platinum Keurig Brewing System, so I went wild and bought up every box of K Cups that looked like something I'd want to try. Unfortunately they are expensive, and if you hate the flavor, you are stuck with the cups.

In this case, I couldn't even give them away.

Cafe' Escapes, Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa K Cups when brewing even smell semi funky, like a malty sort of twang to it that you will note right away. I oped though that the scent was just off, and that the cocoa itself would actually taste good.

The Flavor:

It tasted like watered down malty milk with just a hint of something chocolatey, but that flavor is totally crushed by this disgusting fake aftertaste. This is caused by the addition of Splenda, which is ridiculous to add to cocoa.

I was really bummed out when it came to this purchase. I tried adding marshmallows and whipped cream to try and amp up the flavor, but nothing, and I mean nothing, could do this one justice.

Overall:

These K Cups are majorly overpriced for what you get, which is a gross aftertaste, a watery initial flavor. I would not even consider this one hot cocoa.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment