Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Review of Cuties Juice- Clementine + Mandarin Blend

When I first stumbled upon a small 8 ounce container of Cuties Juice- Clementine + Mandarin Blend, I found myself smiling at the way they advertised the drink. It comes in a small bulbous plastic container, colored a bright orange, and it features a little cartoon smiling face on it. Then I looked over at the price, $1.89 for this micro tiny container!? There had to be a reason.

Well, naturally there was, this little orange Cutie, contains 2 servings of fruit in every bottle. That is not all though, its gluten free, sugar free, all natural, no preservatives, has a total of 6 cuties tangerines in it and contains 150% vitamin C. Basically it's a itty bitty bottle of healthy goodness, and with anything healthy on today's market, you pay, and you pay big.

The curious consumer I am though led me right to plopping it into my cart, and waiting to get home to try it out.

Flavor:
Now the sense before drinking it tell you that you're about to taste some ultra ripped vitamin packed orange juice. However, this is tangerine juice.

Cuties Juice- Clementine + Mandarin Blend is a strange hit to the tastebuds at first, it definitely has a blast of tangerine flavor and I tasted that right away.

It's sweet, but not sugary, and it has a sort of vitamin-y aftertaste that is very subtle, but obvious enough.

I liked it a lot, but the packaging leans more towards getting kids to like it. To me though, this juice is something that an adult would prefer over a child, and should be marketed as such.

No the thing about the juice is that even though the container is so tiny, I actually could not stomach drinking the entire 8 ounces due to this vitamin like aftertaste that sort of sticks to your tongue.

I like that I can save half the container for another day though. However it's designed to give you 2 servings of fruit, and if you can only get through half the container, getting in those daily requirements of fruit intake makes it tough.

Overall:

It is good, has a nice flavor I have never seen come from juice before, but at the same time has this aftertaste that you get sick of very quickly.

All in all, I would till recommend it to others, but the price needs to come down. You can get an entire boxed container of 100% orange juice for just a few cents more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment