Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Review of Green Mountain Coffee Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice K Cups




Pumpkin flavored coffee is literally one of those flavors that I wait all year for, and once that time of year comes, shelves line up with new limited edition pumpkin flavored delights. Pumpkin flavored coffee has always been something I would stock up on, just to ensure a good stock before the flavor vanished once again.

When I spotted Green Mountain Coffee Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice K Cups, I was very excited to try it. I hated having to spend $11.00 however just to try it. I still wish that Keurig would offer customers the option to purchase singular K Cups just to try them, otherwise you are stuck with a box of garbage you will never use.

That is pretty much where Green Mountain Coffee Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice K Cups lands. A box of wasted funds.

While brewing up the coffee, the aroma was promising. It had a very realistic pumpkin pie quality to it, which was both pleasing and mood enhancing for me. However once I added my cream, and sprinkled in my sugar, the entire fall experience vanished once I tasted the coffee.

Green Mountain Coffee Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice K Cups, to better put it, tasted like garbage.

For me it was equivalent to brewing up a pot of coffee, and adding old pumpkin pie slices to the pot of coffee, letting it sit for a month, then dipping a dirty rag into the old moldy brew, then ringing out the rag into this K Cup to call it Green Mountain Coffee Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice K Cups.

It tasted just like that, old pumpkin pie rag water.

Overall:

Too bad about this one. There is only one other pumpkin flavored K Cup on the market, and I hear that one is pretty rancid as well. It really stinks to have to be without my fall favorite flavored cup of Joe this season. I guess I will just have to buy this one at a coffee shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment