Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Review of Mainstay, Pumpkin Spice Candle

That time of year is approaching where I go out on a mission for new fragrances for the house. I pack away all of my summery floral fragrances and snatch up new fall and winter scents.

When I came across a cheap candle at Walmart called Mainstay, Pumpkin Spice Candle I was not expecting the candle to deliver such a powerfully packed scent. However when I lifted it up to my nose for a test, I was surprised at how potent and delicious the candle smelled.

Unlit:

Mainstay, Pumpkin Spice Candle smelled like warm baked pumpkin pie. It had a very authentic pumpkin pie fragrance, mixed with the perfect warm vanilla and cinnamon spice. It seriously smelled good enough to eat.

I hoped that when I got it home to light it, that it would give off the same scent. Many candles smell great in their jar, yet when I light them up and wait for the scent to disperse throughout the home, it either does nothing, or the scent changes.

When Lit:

The candle has 3 wicks, and when lit each wick, it took around 15 minutes for me to really pick up on the scent. Once it got going though the scent grew stronger and more delicious, in turn flooding up our entire kitchen with the delicious baked pumpkin pie fragrance. The scent never seemed to change, nor did the scent seem cheap.

Overall:

The candle came to under $5.00, and it has by far been one of my top fall favorites thus far, and I have burned quite a few other pumpkin candles. Mainstay, Pumpkin Spice Candle however seemed to give of the strongest, and most authentic set in my bunch.

All in all, this one is a winner, and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a pumpkin fragrance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment