Friday, November 30, 2012

Review of Neutrogena Shine Control Primer

I was such a huge fan of Neutrogena's Shine Control Powder, that I decided to go ahead and pair it up with Neutrogena Shine Control Primer. The cover stated it would go on smoothly and allow for your makeup to go on more smoothly, all the while keeping me shine free for 8 hours.

I was a little hesitant on purchasing it though, because I used a skin formula under my makeup that leaves my skin feeling like silk all day. The only issue was, this formula did nothing when it came to leaving my skin shine free. I figured though, I would use that formula, and then put Neutrogena Shine Control Primer on top of that, as it states you can pair it up with your regular moisturizer.

So you are probably wondering how well it works.

First I wanted to discuss the overall feeling of my skin after applying it. The primer itself is a very sharp colored white, and applies relatively easily, however once it starts to absorb into skin, it is very evident that your makeup is not going to apply as smoothly as this stuff promised on the package.

Granted it does not totally dry your skin out completely, it is enough as to where I knew it would be an issue later on in the day with my skin looking too dry and dull.

I was right.

My makeup went on but it did not glide on as easily, and I worried about my foundation patching up in areas.

Later on in the day, thankfully I did not see any dry patchy skin anywhere, but I only had this primer on for little over an hour and my skin already showed signs of oil surfacing at my usual problem spots.

I had to hit it up with the shine control powder, which is just ridiculous to me. I could have just continued using the powder, as it works well enough. However I bought the primer like an idiot, thinking it would add to the charm of using both the primer, and sister powder. This primer however did nothing for me but leave my skin feeling dry, and it did not even keep the shine zone at bay. Boo!

Overall:

Neutrogena Shine Control Primer was a complete waste of $11.99, and sadly because of the way I tore open the cheap packaging, I cannot even return the garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment