Friday, November 30, 2012

Review: Shiseido Lipstick, PK331 Perfect Rouge

I wear lipstick on a daily basis, and the most annoying thing about this is that I have to re-apply my color throughout the day, as it tends to fade or in some cases completely vanish from my lips.

I've been a huge fan of CoverGirl lipstick for nearly a year now, and have been buying them up whenever I run out of my stock. Recently however, I wanted to try something new and when I came across a really beautiful color by Shiseido, I went ahead and splurged, $24.00 for their PK331 color, which is labeled as Perfect Rouge.

The reason I spent so much money on this lipstick was because I had fallen in love with it in the store. The sample went on smooth and silkily, leaving my lips feeling as if I had just coated them with not just a lipstick, but a lip conditioner. The next impressive thing about this lipstick was that it went on with a high gloss, which made me wonder if this was a lipstick lip gloss combo. I have never been a fan of lip glosses, but when I realized the high beam shine absorbed into my lips leaving nothing behind but a nice deep matte pink I was in heaven.

The Last:

When it came to my previous lipstick color by CoverGirl, I got about 2 hours of color till I needed to spruce up and re-apply.

With my new tube of Shiseido, I did not have to re-apply for about 4 hours. Even at the 4 hour mark the color was still present but just not as vibrant as I like.

Besides the long lasting color though, what I mostly loved was how unaware of the lipstick I was. Most lipsticks you can feel on your lips, you are aware you are wearing it. Shiseido's lipstick went on, absorbed and left behind weightless and beautiful coloring.

Overall:


Shiseido Lipstick, PK331 Perfect Rouge is a beautiful lip color. It is one of the more trendy colors, with a matte cloudy pink like coloring to it, which also mixes well with other lipstick brands to change the color up a bit if you wanted.

The last is amazing, and you do not feel it on your lips, but rest assured it is there.

I would rate this one a solid 5 stars out of 5 stars.

I was really thinking I would tear this one apart due to the expensive pricing. I expected top notch for that high price tag, and if I did not get just that I would have been more than happy to not recommend this one to everyone, however it is top notch. One of the best lipsticks I have ever worn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment