Friday, November 30, 2012

Review of Febreze Special Edition Sandalwood & Sooth Air Effects

Febreze is always trying new things, and it is why I keep coming back to them time and time again. Every season they deliver a collection of limited edition fragrances for the home, and now, more recently I came across a Special Edition fragrance. I'd never before seen anything from their Special Edition collection, so I imagine this is something new.

The particular scent I came across was Sandalwood & Soothe.

The can of Sandalwood & Soothe itself is even done up in a more 'special' way, with a neat photo of wood that spirals around the aluminum can, giving it this fancy vibe. The fanciness of course cost a wee bit more than the usual cans of Febreze Air Effects. I didn't mind spending the extra bit of change though, I figured it would be worth it.

The Scent:

Sandalwood & Soothe is not necessarily the woodsy scent one would expect on first initial sniff test. The fragrance is definitely not unique, as it smells like Bath & Body Works Sensual Amber. Granted it is far from a bad smell, it has just been done before.

The scent for me is very feminine, even though it comes in a masculine looking can. Something even a manly man wouldn't be embarrassed having around. However the girl frills pour out of this one, and you cannot help but think of rainbows and butterflies in a dusky meadow of peace, while the sun sets after a storm.

The must scent is that of amber, and once that settles down a little, you start to smell what smells like perfumed hamster cedarwood chips, but still, it is very feminine, as the musk tends to just steal the entire show.

The Last:


Sandalwood & Soothe packs some last to it, but it's an average last of around 20 minutes, which is usual for any room spray.

Overall:


All in all, the scent is nice, gorgeous even, but to have to spend a little more on this so-called Special Edition, I feel as if it should have packed more last, and a scent that was unique to anything else on the market. This is a scent that has been done before, only slapped onto the label a different name.

Overall:


I like it, I would probably buy it again, I just would have liked more from the special edition.

Where To Buy:


Walmart has this scent stocked now, I am not sure if the special editions will be limited or not, but if you are interested, that is where I found mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment