Friday, November 30, 2012

Review: Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm

Normally I would not spend over $14.00 on hair products such as shampoo or conditioner, but more recently I have been on the prowl for products that actually work, and I do not care what thrifty shoppers tell you...spending less is usually better. For me, that's never been the case. Spending more has always delivered a higher end result, and that was what my hair needed.

With non-stop dying, straightening, and at home straightening hair kits, my hair began to really dry up, and become damaged. The low end product were not making the cut anymore, so I splurged a little on a $23.00 tub of Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm.

The scent was what captivated me first and foremost. Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm had a gorgeous clean scent with a very nice powdery like musk going on. A scent I would associate with a fine perfume fragrance, and one I hoped would remain in my hair after using it.

The consistency of the conditioner in the large plastic tub also looked thick and creamy, and with past experience with textures this thick, I knew a little would go a long way, and that it would work well; similar to what I find in small conditioner tubes that come in hair dye kits.

My Use:

I shampooed my hair using a standard shampoo as shampoo has never really done anything all that great for me, so I stick to low priced ones, seeing that I need them to just cleanse my hair.

After rinsing, I applied a good amount of Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm to my wet locks, and let it sit in a saturate the hair for around 5 minutes before rinsing.

In the shower after rinsing my hair felt smooth, silky and very clean. I hoped though that it would dry feeling this way. You never really know what to expect till you dry the hair anyway, so I couldn't judge it based off of how nice it felt wet.

Dry Hair:

Once my hair dried, I did notice a very significant difference. My hair was smoother, and silkier, and just easier to manage and style. The dry ends were no longer present and frizz was significantly less as well.

After the second use, my hair felt brand new. I use this with a dab of Biosilk, Silk Therapy, and my hair is like new.

The nice scent however does not stick around. That was OK though, it did what I needed it to do, and that was all that mattered.

Overall:

Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm promised to rejuvenate dry damaged hair, and this stuff literally does exactly what it promises. For me, it was totally worth the extra money I spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment