Friday, November 30, 2012

Review Yoplait Light Pumpkin Pie Yogurt

I am a huge fan of everything and anything that has to do with the Fall season. Pumpkin in particular is one of my favorite scents, and flavors. I managed to buy up anything and everything I could that comes about this time of year for a short limited amount of time. From pumpkin pies, to pumpkin pancake mix, I buy it up and most of the time I love it.

However when I came across a 4 pack of Yoplait Light Pumpkin Pie Yogurt, I wondered just how good it would be. I didn't worry too much about it, nor did I hesitate; I bought it up, and hoped it offered a delicious twist on a seasonal favorite. Unfortunately I was highly disappointed with this one.

The Yogurt:

It is light in color, with a very subtle tint of orange, to give it that overall look of being pumpkin pie, and the scent is more of original yogurt than it is of anything with pumpkin or spice. That should have been the dead giveaway right there at how bad it was going to be. However, I continued on and tried it.

The flavor however is what kills this one.

There is absolutely nothing pumpkin pie flavored in this yogurt at all. It has a very disgusting pumpkin puree flavor to it, but there is nothing else to it besides that flavor, no cinnamon or pumpkin spice. For me it tasted as if they had taken an actual pumpkin and blended it up, while serving it to me in a convenient plastic cup. You get to overcome that nasty flavor, which is then followed up by a bland original yogurt aftertaste, which I have always hated.

Overall:

I managed to get through just 2 spoonfuls before passing it off to my boyfriend. He too was not able to get through a second spoonful. It's just way too bland, yet powerful with a nasty unfinished pumpkin puree flavor.

This one is only around for the fall season, which in my opinion is a good thing. Hopefully if Yoplait tries to introduce us to a pumpkin flavored yogurt next year, that they actually do it right this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment