Friday, November 30, 2012

Review: Estee Lauder Pure Color Sequin Finish Gloss- in Fuschia Vibes

I have never been one to actively seek out lip glosses, but with my birthday passing I ended up with a bunch of higher end goodies from friends who know I love Estee Lauder. In fact, Estee Lauder is one of the only cosmetic companies that I will actually purchases glosses from due to the color, shine, and last.

When I saw a friend wearing this sparkling gorgeous lip color, I had to know what it was. She did not know the name off hand, but instead the next time I saw her she had 2 colors for me for my birthday, my favorite of course being the one I initially fell in love with that she had on.

The interesting thing about it was that when I saw it on her lips, I had no idea it was a gloss, that is seriously how vibrant and bold the color was. It easily passes as a lipstick. Heck, the color was even more vibrant and pretty than what you would find in a lipstick to be honest.

The Color:

It is called Estee Lauder Pure Color Sequin Finish Gloss- in Fuschia Vibes, and the color in the tube is a really bright and pretty dark pink, with dustings of violet. Simply put, it's a bright, vibrant, bouncy fun color. On lips though, the color is taken up a few notches, and looks even better on the lips, than in the tube, which happens once upon a never.

The Texture:

This is where I found a con. I absolutely hated the texture of this lip gloss. I could feel it, and that is one thing about lipstick that I like, I use CoverGirl, and love the fact that once it is on, I do not feel it at all. It's as if I have on nothing at all.

This is the one thing I hate most about glosses, it is very hard, if not impossible, to find one that actually does not feel like you are wearing it.

When it came to Estee Lauder Pure Color Sequin Finish Gloss- Fuschia Vibes, I could feel it, and it was not a pleasant feeling. It starts of slightly greasy feeling, with an icky tackiness that I hated. Over time, as it dries it becomes more obvious that it is there, as your lips will stick slightly together.

The texture I can overlook though due to how pretty the color actually is. Although it has got to be, hands down the biggest con associated with this gloss.

The Last:


Estee Lauder Pure Color Sequin Finish Gloss- Fuschia Vibes, lasts and lasts, which is a big pro, besides the lovely color.

I was able to detect the shade on my lips for about 4 hours before I wanted a touch up. I could have gone longer, but I did not like how dry my lips were feeling by this time.

For a gloss, 4 hours is pretty dang good.

Overall:

4 out of 5 stars. I had to take one star off due to the nasty texture of this gloss. The price is high as well, at $22.50 a pop. It is worth it though, a gloss that delivers the boldest color you'd ever seen come from a gloss or a lipstick.

This one will not be around long, so if you are at all interested, but one while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment