Friday, November 30, 2012

Review of Glade Expressions, Oil Diffuser Starter Kit, in Lavender & Juniper Berry

Recently I was chosen to participate in a Bzz Campaign as a BzzAgent to participate in spreading the word about Glade's newest Expression collection. Being a huge fan of Glade, I was excited to see what their newest products would entail.

I was given a free coupon to use on a Glade Expressions, Oil Diffuser Starter Kit, and I did not hesitate to go out and find a kit to pick up. Unfortunately with this product being so new, I was limited with only a few choices, so I went with the one that I figured would suit my likings best. Lavender & Juniper Berry.

How To Use It:


The starter kit is almost too easy to use, but you have to remember to save your kit, so you can re-use it for other oil refills.

Inside of your package, you will find your decorative oil holder, which is designed to flow with the design of your home decor. This for me however was where they failed. The design on this particular oil diffuser was tacky and cheap looking.

Now had I purchased their pineapple fragrance oil diffuser, I would have gotten a much prettier holder, which has a natural wood design to it. When it came to the lavender and juniper berry however, the holder was white plastic with a black base, which just looked ugly in comparison to the pineapple starter kit.

Inside of the holder you will find a plastic container filled with oil, to get the diffuser to work, you simply have to click in the included diffuser pad. This is a much larger pad than say a reed diffuser, and therefore more oil will be sucked up into it, releasing the scent at a thicker and higher potency.

The Scent:

Lavender & Juniper Berry smells absolutely fantastic. It has a very herbal dried flower tone to it, which reminds me of the fall.

The diffuser disperses this scent all day long, all day strong. What I like about it though is how easily it is recognized in a room without overpowering the room.

Overall:

The starter kit is expensive, however once your oil runs out, you can simply purchase another oil refill to add to the holder. All in all I am happy with it, I do however wish the votive part of it was not a cheap plastic white, and that they included all black, or the wood pattern version with this kit. With that said though, I am happy with how well it works, how non-invasive it is on the eyes (the old reed diffusers were just a mess), and how much the scent really improves the quality of my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment