Friday, November 30, 2012

Review: Matrix Biolage Colorcarethérapie Shampoo

I've been on a major shopping kick when it comes to hair care. A month ago I was in love with Biosilk, and swore I would never find anything as good as it was, but when I ran out of my newly found favorite, I decided to try Matrix Biolage, for one reason and one reason only; I fell in love with the scent of it when I popped the top off of one at a local store.

The scent is like a heavenly musk, very similar to Biosilk's scent, but more potent, and recognizable. I only hoped that my new purchase of Matrix would work the same wonders that Biosilk had.

I purchased Matrix Biolage Colorcarethérapie Shampoo, for $17.99, which is a heck of a lot of money for shampoo. I will spent that much on a conditioner, but when it comes to shampoo, I usually try to stick to the lower priced ones, seeing that the conditioner is primarily where all of the magic is made.

When it came to Matrix Biolage Colorcarethérapie Shampoo, I only went with this particular formula because it included a free tube of Matrix for Men. I figured my other half would like to give it a try.

There are other products in the Biolage family for different hair issues. They have one fir hydration, moisturizing, frizz control, volume, and so on. The Matrix Biolage Colorcarethérapie Shampoo is designed to help protect your treated hair colors depth and tone, while leaving it all nice shiny and soft.

My Use:

I do not need to tell you how to shower, but I will mention the shampoo. The texture was semi thick, but a little goes a very long way, and the formula lathers up quickly while releasing its delicious musky scent around the bathroom.

When I rinsed it out though, I was very annoyed with the fact that my hair felt beyond dry and slick in texture. Not a good slick, a hay like one. Whenever that happens after shampooing, it usually means I have to double up on my conditioner in order to get my hair to feel silky and moisturized again.

Overall:


For me this shampoo is just not worth the asking price. The conditioner however by Biolage is spectacular, no matter what formula you are using. Their shampoos though, are nothing special at all. I get better results with Redken's shampoo which will truly cleanse and deeply moisturize, which is not a task many shampoo's are capable of.

Most cheap shampoo's will leave your hair feeling dry and thirsty, and surprisingly this high priced brand did just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment