Friday, November 30, 2012

Review of Splat! Pink Fetish Hair Dye

I get bored with my hair color frequently, so changes are just the normal bi-monthly routine for me. Recently though, I really wanted to add some pink colored streaks to my hair. Splat, seems to be the only company in my area that sells kits to add bold and wild colored streaks to the hair.

I went with Pink Fetish. A few weeks ago I used an Aqua color by splat, but I simply added the color on top of dark hair with minimal results. When it came to Pink Fetish, I decided to do it right and use the bleaching formula that comes with the kit.

Inside of the box, you will find bleaching powder, a liquid formula to add the powder to, a set of gloves, and a small bottle of the pink dye. Unfortunately they do not include a deep conditioner to use after the fact, which I think is ridiculous, considering how harsh bleaching the hair is.

They also only include 1 set of cheap gloves, you will be working with 2 different formulas, so 4 gloves would have been helpful.

Anyhow, If you do decide to get this kit, make sure you have a very good deep conditioner on hand to use after you bleach your hair.

I had semi dark hair, so it was recommended to leave the bleach in for up to an hour, or until your streaks/hair is a pale blond color. The lighter the hair, the better the colored results will be when you add the pink color to them.

Bleached Results:


The bleaching step came out semi OK. I was not thrilled with the patches that occurred, but I hoped that when I added the Pink Envy dye to the patchy areas, that it would cover it up and hide the errors.

After drying my hair, I then began to apply the pink coloring.

I let the pink fetish color sit in for a half hour for longer results, as this dye is only semi permanent.

After that I rinsed out to see my results.

Color Results:

Horrid!

The color on pale blond hair was more like a magenta/purple, nothing like the pink color you see on the box, which is more of a cotton candy color.

Overall:

I was expecting some cute cotton candy colored streaks, instead I ended up with streaks that ranged from purple/pink to a very ugly Bobo the clown red.

I have used Splat before, with varying results, but this one by far miss-represents their color results the most.

Later today I have to head back to the store to pick up a box of dye to go over this tragic mess.

1 comment:

Leave a Comment