Friday, November 30, 2012

Review Kim Vo Smoothing Lacquer Straightening Balm

I have thick, unruly part curly, part wavy hair and over the years I have tried just about every balm, lotion, and magic hair potion to try and make styling my thick hair into a smoother straight sleek look without having to spend hours with a flat iron.

Sadly every product I have tried seems to disappoint me. My latest find goes to Kim Vo Smoothing Lacquer Straightening Balm, which I picked up at a local Marshall's for $8.00.

It stated that if I added it to damp hair and applied heat my hair would result in a smooth sleek finish. Just about every hair balm has promised that too, and 99% of them ended up doing nothing. You are probably wondering how Kim Vo Smoothing Lacquer Straightening Balm weighs in.

My Use:


I washed my hair, and applied the balm as directed. The first thing I noticed was the odd silk like texture the balm has. For me though, a balm is supposed to be thick, and this balm was more like a runny lotion which was an antique colored clear lotion.

Although I wouldn't consider it a balm, it did have a really pleasing spa-like scent to it, which I liked a lot. However this scent is something I have smelled before in a straightening balm I had used many years ago that did not work.

My Results:

After applying it to my damp hair, I then began the process of blow drying. Now my hair blow dries oddly, the very top portion of my head will dry straight, and the rest will puff out and look as if I got electrocuted. To tame that, I then must use a flat iron. I was hoping with my new balm in, that my hair would just dry straight.

No such luck. My hair dried with the blow-dryer exactly how it would had I not used the balm. My hair did however have a new sheen and shine to it once I ran the flat iron through it though.

Overall:

It only adds shine, nothing more. My hair was still puffy and frizzy after using it, and the only way I could remedy that was to use the iron.

All in all, this balm did nothing for me that a spritz of my shine spray couldn't. It was a waste of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment