Friday, November 30, 2012

review of Four Paws Quick Blood Stopper Styptic Powder

About a week ago, I knew it was time to clip the nails of my black capped conjure. His nails were getting rather long and sharp and I did not think it would be that big of a deal, nor did I think that one false move could end up becoming such a traumatic ordeal.

I worked slowly, but suddenly he jerked and I ended up cutting the nail short. Blood came pouring out, and my heart stopped when I heard him chirp in a way he never chirped before. I wanted to smack myself, but it was an accident, and as quickly as I panicked, I knew that it was not a productive emotion, and I had to work fast to stop the bleeding.

I tried flour, as it was recommended on the internet by numerous bird owners. It only seemed to stop the bleeding temporarily.

I was literally about to rush my bird to the vet when I remembered that months earlier I had purchased a low priced package of Four Paws Quick Blood Stopper Styptic Powder. Initially the pruchase was for my dog for when his nails were cut and if an accident happened, I would have it on hand. Thank God for thinking ahead.

I quickly retrieved the package and prayed it worked. The directions are simple, you use the included cotton swab. You dampen it, and dip it into the powder and apply it to the wound.

Did it work?

Yes! I never felt more relief in my life when the blood stopped dripping from his little claw. The blood stopped dripping, and all was well once again.

Overall:

For me having this on hand felt like a life saver. My bird is OK, and without it I do not know what could have happened, but I am sure the result would not be good.

For anyone with a bird, or dog in the home, if you are going to clip their nails make sure you have a container of Four Paws Quick Blood Stopper Styptic Powder on hand. I hope you never have to use it, but if you do, rest assured it works on contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment