Friday, November 30, 2012

Weird Food! Review of Kozy Shack's Chocolate Rice Pudding

Being a fan of original Kozy Shack Rice Pudding, I did not at all hesitate to scoop up a new flavor from the company. At first look I thought that the container of Kozy Shack Chocolate Rice Pudding was nothing more than chocolate pudding due to how they market their products in the exact same colored orange tubs. It is easy to grab the wrong product when it comes to Kozy Shack's puddings, and I wish they would change that for those whom may be hard of seeing. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I have purchased Tapioca instead of Rice Pudding.

Anyhow, when I spotted Chocolate Rice Pudding, I thought I had read it wrong, but low and behold this was in fact a new gluten free flavor added to the Kozy Shack family, but more importantly it was a new twist on rice pudding. $4.99 later, I headed home, and couldn't wait to see what this flavor would deliver.

Appearance:

I cannot lie here, Kozy Shack's Chocolate Rice Pudding does not at all look appetizing. In fact it looked pretty ugly and gross. I did not let it deter me though; of course I had to try it before knocking it too hard.

Taste:

OK, so the chocolate rice pudding is not the worst pudding I have ever had, but it is definitely not one I would ever buy again. I think this is because your mind expects to taste that sweet roast vanilla flavor the original rice pudding delivers, and when you smother it in chocolate pudding you are given a new sensation, and the brain will either like it or not.

For me, the rice pudding does not have that original flavor, what you have here is nothing more than standard chocolate pudding with cooked rice added to it when it comes to flavor. It is good if you don't mind chunks of rice in your chocolate pudding, and it does add an interesting new texture. However, my pallet didn't prefer the texture and I ended up giving it to my boyfriend whom enjoyed it.

Overall:

It is give or take. You will not hate it but if you are like me, and a fan of the original rice pudding you may not particularly like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment