Friday, November 30, 2012

Review: Air Wick Gentle Color Changing Candle, Lavender & Chamomile

This past weekend I was going about doing my usual routine of buying fall scented candles, and while browsing the fragrance isle, I came across something a little too cute to leave behind.

Air Wick Gentle Color Changing Candle, Lavender & Chamomile caught my eye immediately due to the colorful and eye catching package it came in, and I nearly passed it up due to the higher price tag, but upon closer inspection I realized the extra few dollars I would have to spend was for one reason, and one alone. This candles jar would light up and slowly change colors as the candle burned.

I was not sure how it would work, or if it would be as neat as described on the package, but I was willing to give it a try. At the time, the only scent available to me was Lavender & Chamomile, which smelled like a gorgeous herbal mix of lavender flowers and soothing musky spices.

After un-boxing the candle, I couldn't deny that it was a pretty standard looking frosted glass candle, however when I went to light it, before my lighters flame even hit the wick the plain looking frosted glass jar sprang to life, lighting up the entire glass with dancing slow morphing colors from blue, teal, green, red, orange, yellow, pink and purple.

It was definitely a new and interesting concept for me, and it worked better than I imagined it would. It seems as if some sort of device is planted right into the candle wax, and it is activated only when the candles wick is lit.

Watching the colors change is soothing and relaxing, and when thrown together with a soothing and relaxing mixed scent of lavender and camomile, it was the perfect little addition to the home, and for those stressful days after work when you need to unwind the most.

Overall:

The candle is neat, and eye catching when lit. The scent is strong and lingers around even after the candle is put out. We plan on buying a few to put into our pumpkins for Halloween to cast an interesting color changing glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment