Friday, November 30, 2012

Review: Clean and Clear Advantage, Oil Absorbing Cream Cleanser

I had seen the non-stop commercials for a new product called Clean and Clear Advantage, Oil Absorbing Cream Cleanser, that promised that I'd get all day shine free skin. Like most, it sounded too good to be true, but seeing how my skin is extra shiny in the hotter summer months, I was willing to go ahead and give it a try.

Finding Clean and Clear Advantage, Oil Absorbing Cream Cleanser did not come hard, at my local Target it was located right on the out isle featuring a bunch of other products that I could use in conjunction with this cleanser.

I skipped on the whole kit, as acne is not at all my issue. It was the shine I was looking to kick.

My Use:

I wet my face, and applied a generous amount of the cleanser to wet skin, and rubbed it in. The cleanser definitely suds up nicely with a creamy lather left behind. The scent is refreshing, but not very perfumed as I find in most other cleansers and scrubs.

After drying up, my face felt nice, refreshed and clean. I was disappointed to find that they use salicylic acid in the cleanser, as this actually dries out my skin, thus creating more oil.

Results:

I applied my makeup as part of my usual morning routine, and simply went about my business while checking on my face ever half hour or so.

At the first half hour check, my skin was still shine free. I was happy, normally I have to blot every half hour to keep my skin looking clean and shine free.

By the time an hour went by, my skin was still surprisingly refreshed looking, with not a trace of oil.

Hour 3 was when I started noticing shine. The plus was that it was a very insignificant amount, but enough for me to need to powder.

Overall:


Clean and Clear Advantage, Oil Absorbing Cream Cleanser will not keep your face shine free all day long, but it does in fact work well enough. If you have just a minimal amount of shine to your skin this may work longer, but if it is an excessive amount, than it will work only a minimal effect.

The thing I liked though was that throughout the day I only needed to blot a few times, and very sparingly. All in all, the cleanser is decent, but not terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment