Friday, November 30, 2012

Review of Neutrogena Shine Control Powder

During hot summer months, when the air is humid my skin takes a real beating, and that is primarily due to how oily and shiny my skin gets. I have tried numerous lotions, serums, and powders that promised to rid my face of shine and oil, but non-stop applying of said products simply left me with breakouts, or clogged pores due to how often I needed to apply them.

I learned that moisturizing would leave skin less oily due to not having to produce oil to sustain moisture, however moisturizers leave my skin feeling greasy and thick in texture.

I came across Neutrogena Shine Control Powder at a local Target, and honestly I was not expecting it to live up to the promise of keeping my skin oil/shine free for up to 8 hours. I have heard that promise time and time again, and was lucky if I saw no shine for an hour.

Neutrogena Shine Control Powder apparently goes on invisibly, and will leave skin flawless and oil/shine free all day long. It honestly did not look like anything special, but I was growing more and more tired of having to blot and re-powder my face due to the shine. It can be worn over makeup without ruining your finish.

It sounds great right? I thought so too, and that was why I bought it.

My Use:


I applied my makeup as I normally would, and finally got around to trying the powder out on top of my makeup.

The first thing I didn't like was the application pad, which is thin and cheap. This powder was nearly $13.00, so I expected a more luxurious application pad. No such luck.

Anyhow, if you apply to much the cover is not invisible as they claim, and you will need to use a bit more if you have very problematic oily skin like I do. Using a lot leaves a dusty look behind on the skin. This can be fixed however by using a simply blush brush to spread the powder around and blend it more easily, as the application pad does not allow you to blend too well.

After the powder was on, I simply went about my routine of heading out to work.

Now usually by the time I get to work, my skin already will look shiny, and immediately I have to blot or add some cover up powder to conceal this nasty shine.

With Neutrogena Shine Control Powder though, I looked in the mirror and was pleasantly surprised that my face was still as fresh as it was when I left. So far so good! An hour killed and not a drop of shine.

Another hour passed, and again, the only touch-up I needed was on my lipstick. My skin was still clean and flawless looking.

I can go on and on about what happened hour after hour, but let me just cut to the chase. After a full 8 hour workday, and conditions high in the humid levels, my skin was 100% shine free by the time I got back home from work. More than 8 hours later.

Overall:


You would be an idiot to pass this one up if oily or shiny skin has plagued you. This powder is like my new magic fix, and I can only pray that they do not change the formula on me one day, because this is the powder I have been searching for all of my life, one that works as advertised, and I couldn't be happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment