Thursday, July 31, 2014

Bath & Body Works Fit Flops Sounds like a Flop to Me

The newest crave has swept across the nation, it's not a new car, or new toy; it's actually a frigging pair of sandal. Who would of thought?
Bath & Body Works has added a sandal called Fit Flops to their line of beauty and bath products, and once the advertising got going, the sandals were flying off of selves.
I at first was 'almost' sucked into this conning sandal scheme. I was getting wrapped up in message boards about people claiming to be on a waiting list, and others spending $100 or more on ebay for a pair. Turns out Bath & Body Works is sold out, and you have to pre-order them. But the list is so long that you could be waiting months before you get a pair.
WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL!?
I'm sure you are wondering what the craze is all about, and why this craze is over a sandal. Well let me explain, you see these sandals are being advertised as fit flops, which is basically a sandal that will tone your legs, and burn calories while building muscles. Sounds too good to be true, yep.
So I did what any other skeptical person looking to tone her legs would do. I went to the mother source. I didn't go to ebay to place a bid, I went to www.bathandbodyworks.com to get a closer look at what these sandals are all about.
So they will cost you $45.00 and only come in black or red, and whoo gez lord they sure are ugly. They certainly are not a sandal I would want on my feet while out in public. They are large and clunky looking.
The appearance is what got me to thinking. Of course your legs would tone up if you were slugging 2 pound bricks on your feet all day. This is probably the reasoning as to why one would get somewhat of a tone look to their legs. However I have some pretty heavy arse shoes with 4 inch heels, and as tone as my leg may get, and as sore as it gets, eventually with long term use my legs got used to it, and they went back to normal.
Now the promise of making your legs longer. Hah! Please people read the print before you spend the money. The only way your legs are going to look longer is if the shoe has a big high wedge, which clearly it does. The big wedge is where the extra weight is stored. I guarantee these suckers are heavier than your average shoe.
But hmm... I could be wrong, this may not be the case with the fit flops.
Then I began reading the advertisement, that promises you will tone burn calories just by walking around. But then I got to thinking, well doesn't that stand true even without special shoes. I mean hell, I'm burning some calories right this second just by typing. Gee, look at that my fingers they look a little tone too. Woowie!
I should honestly start selling heavy bracelets that promise your arms will get tone just by 'wearing them'. Why stop there though, I could also sell heavy anklets that would do the same. I just feel bad for the folks who actually eat this crap up. Honestly I could tone my legs and burn calories by walking around in my socks.
I just find it cute that big companies are aware of how gullible their customers are as they will sell you plastic and tell you it's gold.
If you are smart back out now. I am very disappointed that Bath & Body Works would go as far as selling these heavy ugly wedge sandals to their customers with such glorious promises. What's sadder is that a lot of people have bought into this flop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment