Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Dead Rat: Awesome Halloween Prop

Halloween is my all time favorite holiday. I begin my decorating in the middle of September. I can't help myself. I have so many props, so many decorations, and so many ideas on what to do for the holiday that I cannot help but to begin dragging my boxes and boxes of props out of the garage.
One of my most talked about hits was my dead rats. I bought 2 of them last year and had plans for them before they even arrived to my door. Every year I throw a Halloween bash, and I thought that by buying these dead rats and placing them on a dinner plate surrounded in fake gooey blood, people would think it was either awesome or disgusting. Either way I knew these cheap props would get a reaction.
The foam filled dead rats are not meant to be played with. They are strictly props, and having small children handle them could result in a dead rat becoming a broken one. These rats are foam filled, and the slightest squeeze could easily break them into pieces. So remember if you plan on ordering these rats after reading them, do know they are for eyes only, not to be toyed with. It would suck to spend money on a neat prop only to have someone break them on you.
Now that thats out of the way, let me explain the dead rats a little more. They are gruesome, horrid, and nasty looking. The dead rat looks as if it had been attacked, skinned, and left to rot. On one side of them you can see some bone and flesh where something looks as if it had torn into it. The rat is covered in realistic looking painted on blood. It has an expression of sheer terror before it died. It's mouth lies open as if it didn't even have a chance to take it's last breath.
Arriving at my door the rats looked gnarly. I was not expecting them to look as excellent as they had on the site. I figured they would be small, and poorly painted. They came to my door though looking just as sick as they had on the site where I had first seen them. You can take a look at this site by clicking the following link, www.frightprops.com. Search under the foam filled props to find the dead rat.
The Dead Rat sells for $39.95 each.
I would not recommend you place the dead rat on the floor during a Halloween bash.
There are some really neat creative things to do with the dead rat. Last year I placed my 2 in a large dinner platter on top of some lettuce and fake blood. This year I plan on sticking them into a fake coffin filled with popcorn. I am then going to splash the popcorn with some red food coloring around where the dead rats lay. Creative and nasty! Mmmmuuahahahaha!!!!!!!
The dead rat also can be placed in the fridge to surprise guests as they go into it. I would also recommend placing it on white table clothes you no longer need. Add some red food coloring to the table cloth and place the rat on it. Next to the rat leave a fake knife to make it look as if you killed the thing.
It's my opinion that the Dead Rat for sale at frightprops.com makes for a really scary, disturbing life like Halloween prop, that any Halloween fan is sure to love. It's probably one of the cheapest, most realistic Halloween props available. Normally I wouldn't say this, but a Dead Rat is a must have!
Happy Halloween!
After the party, I recommend placing this prop into some bubble wrap and storing it in a box where it will not be kicked around or disturbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment