Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Snow Globe Soap: An Awesome Christmas Stocking Stuffer

Christmas is right around the corner, it will be here before you know it, so why not start with some little stocking stuffer gifts to give to friends, family and your co workers?
I usually start my Christmas shopping early, and this year I began in mid-August. I wanted to buy my co workers gifts in bulk for the cheapest amount of money I could find, and when I came across Snow Globe Soap at my local Claire's accessory store I knew they were the perfect gifts to place on their desk. The snow globe soap is pretty unique, the soap itself is glycerine with a figurine placed inside of the globe. The figurine is surrounded by water and when you give it a shake glitter will float through the water.
I had the option to choose a frog globe, duckie globe, reindeer, penguin, snowman or Santa Clause globe. Seeing how the frog and the duck were not very Christmas like I went with assortments of the reindeer, Santa, snowman and penguin.
I learned later on the snow globe soap only looks like there is actual water inside of it, when the soap melts you will find that the glycerine soap only created the illusion of water being in the soap. In reality it is a sealed ball with water in it, and it is much smaller than the soap globe makes it look.
The snow globe soap comes wrapped up in a small plastic box with red ribbon around it, the globe itself is is wrapped in a thin layer of plastic with a sticker at the bottom that holds the wrapping on.
I bought about 10 of them for only $1.99 each in the store. I placed them away in boxes and planned on keeping them there until Christmas time. However recently while packing up some things, I realized that the box that had the snow globe soap in it was wet looking. It turned out that one of the soaps melted, or got banged up and caused the inside to explode.
I ended up taking the soap and using it myself. The snow globe soap doesn't lather up really well, but it does do a good job at cleaning hands. After a few uses the soap becomes sort of gooey and nasty, so I ended up peeling it away trying to get the figure out. That was when I learned the figure was not submerged in water inside of the soap, but it was just a ball with some water and glitter in it. A pretty neat ball though!
Overall the snow globe soap is a neat cheap gift to give away to co workers in bulk. I plan on leaving them on their desks around the holidays.
Where to find them:
I found mine in a local Claire's accessory store. However you can find them on www.ebay.com in bulk for less money.
Recommendation:
Do not buy them early, they can melt. However I do recommend buying them in the beginning of November to ensure that they are still available. These soaps make for awesome stocking stuffers, and once parents find them I am sure they will be buying them in bulk... just like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment