Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Vojo Energy, the Caffeinated Breath Mint With Guarana and Vitamin B12

I'm always tired, and I'm always looking for means of finding some cheap energy. Such as teeth staining coffee, and caffeine pills. My lack of sleep is what causes these burnouts, and the need to falsely energize my body back to normal. A quick jolt of caffeine always does the trick. But I can't leave work 10 times a day to go get a cup of Joe.
When I ran across new Vojo energy mints, I was immediately intrigued. What the heck, an energy mint?! That's definitely new, thats a modern miracle if you ask me. This miracle mint contains, Sorbitol, Guarana seed extract (22% Caffeine), Xylitol, Peppermint Oil, Crystal Menthol, Magnesium Stearate, Sucralose, and Vitamin B12.
Suggested serving size is 2 mints. To get them to act quickly you slip 2 of them under, (not over) your tongue. This way the Guarana hits the bloodstream faster, causing your energy jolt to occur quickly. Supposedly!
WHERE TO BUY THEM:
I found my Vojo while waiting on line at a local Walmart. The mints came in an 0.29oz pack, in the flavor of peppermint. You can also buy cinnamon, and spearmint. They will cost about $4.00 after taxes. You can also spot these in any deli, or gas station quick stop. The price will remain close to the same.
PACKAGING:
Vojo came in a matte black rectangular box. Inside are the small mints, and a mirror. Why they added a mirror is beyond me, and I have still yet to figure out why the bothered with it. Maybe to watch yourself get energized? I have no idea. The click shut box is a perfect size to fit easily in your pocket, or bag without any issues.
THE MINTS:
The mints are small. Smaller than an aspirin. It actually can be compared to the size of a birth control pill. The mints are white, and have brown flecks throughout the mint.
TASTE:
It's definitely peppermint, but I can also note something Herby. It's quite strange but not disgusting. I imagine this is the Guarana adding to the peppermint taste.
HOW WELL DO THEY WORK?
Just as well as a mint. I can place 3 under my tongue and not feel any more energized than before. I honestly think its the thought they are selling. If I think I will get energy, maybe I will. But because I thought these baby pills would do crud, they did crud. Nothing. Oh but wait, my breath smells pretty herbal minty good. Thats about it.
The mints will melt completely in about 5-7minutes when placed under your tongue, and all that will be left behind is a cool refreshing feeling in your mouth. How awake you will feel I honestly think will depend on how much you believe in the product.
ISSUES:
The box can and will click open if you leave it sideways in your bag. The click down design is not tight enough to stay shut if it gets banged around.
The mirror was stupid to add in, and after a while the mirror will get cloudy mint powder on it, so it's always cloudy and again...useless.
WHAT I LIKE:
They're tiny mints, so you don't end up with that cheek bulge you get while sucking on a normal sized mint. They are tiny enough to where you won't have 100 different people asking, 'can I have one?'
Vojo energy also leaves my breath fresh for a good hour or more. The scent is subtle enough as to where I have fresh breath without smelling like a candy cane.
WHAT I DISLIKE:
The design of the box, the idiotic mirror, and the fact that I do not feel energized afterward.
OVERALL:
As a mint, Vojo Energy is fantastic, but for an energy boost, they're a total gimmick.

1 comment:

  1. Given the box is just the size of a single edge razor, the included mirror, and it's supposed to be full of energy I always had the suspicion that it was tacitly aimed at meth users, either that or their marketing/design people where utterly clueless.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment