Thursday, July 31, 2014

Halloween Prop Ideas: Krypt Kiddies Series 2 Kotton Kandy Baby Doll

My Raven doll from the Krypt Kiddies series 1 has been looking lonely, and needed a playmate. While at my local Spencer's I came across a sweet baby girl playmate that I knew she would adore.
Her name was Kotton Kandy. She looked possessed, she looked like Linda Blair from the exorcist...she looked like the perfect companion for Raven.
What are Krypt Kiddies?
As I have already discussed in a past article, Krypt Kiddies are seriously one of a kind baby dolls. They are not meant for children, basically they are creepy, evil looking baby dolls that you can not find in your average toy store. Dolls include horns, sharp nails, fangs, and red eyes.
What attracted me to Kotton Candy was her devious smile. She was a doll that I knew when people laid eyes on her they would get a chill. She looked evil in the box. I had to have her, and I knew she would make an awesome addition to my Halloween prop collection. Sitting next to Raven on a window sill would make for a really neat decoration for the home around Halloween time. I knew this, and this is why my love for Krypt Kiddies is so far and wide. I want all of them. I want to adopt each and every tortured baby doll.
Kotton Kandy comes with a death certificate, on this certificate it tells when she died, and what grisly way she died, and why she had been doomed to walk the earth for all eternity as a Krypt Kiddie. (I have even been surprised to get a Krypt Kiddie once with my moms birthday, as the dolls death day...what was really creepy was that I bought the doll on that day) Boo! She also comes with a plastic bottle filled with fake blood...you know in case the little darling gets thirsty.
Kotton Kandy's face is green, there is no denying it, she looks like a little witch. She has blue wrinkles and scars around her face and body that really make her look even creepier than she is. Her blond hair is tattered, and she sports high pig tails, while half her hair falls to her back and sides of her face. I actually teased her hair to make her look worse. Hidden under her bangs pokes 2 small horns, a true gem indeed!
She comes wearing a cotton pink dress. There really is nothing special to note about her dress, as it is is sort of plain. I would of expected some blood stains on it and what not...but it's pretty clean and very pink. Thus the name Kotton Kandy.
Kotton Kandy's lips are blue and her small sharp teeth gleam through her half wicked smile. The teeth really are sharp, so do not let kids play with her; she may bite them. Tee-hee! Her fingernails are painted black, and she is truly a Krypt Kiddie you would want to add to the collection if you collect them. If you don't though, Kotton Kandy will make for an awesome high quality, highly talked about Halloween prop.
She can be displayed year after year, and her face and clothing can be washed. However I like my dolls collecting dust, especially my Krypt Kiddies.
I always line mine up against our bay window and shine a light down on them for the best effect. I have them facing outside so that way trick-or-treaters can view them.
Kotton Kandy is a hard to find doll. As of now on the official Krypt Kiddie site (www.kryptkiddies.com) they are not taking in any new orders, however you can find Kotton Kandy at Spencer's, or on www.ebay.com. Her price will vary anywhere from $20.00 to $50.00.
She truly is a doll that any Halloween fanatic will instantly fall in love with, and I recommend you pick up your own Kotton Kandy before Halloween rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment