Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Badminton Set by Monster

One of my favorite outdoor sports has always been badminton. Early this Spring badminton was on my list of must have sets, but when I ran into a Monster set, I had to have it. My cousin and I nearly went ga-ga, when we saw this set. The set of all sets, the great gusto in badminton sets. What the heck is a monster set?
A monster set is big! Giant even. The Monster badminton came with 4 giant racks, 2 giant shuttles, and a net. We had never seen a birdie so big, nor a racket so big. We grabbed this set, and a monster volleyball set. Each set came to $19.99.
At home we both went away trying to set up the net first, and when we realized it was the same crappy net that came with the volleyball set, we left it in the box. Besides, we already had one cruddy net set up, so there was no need for 2.
I grabbed a racket, and a shuttle. I was surprised at how much the shuttle weighed. I then got ready for a shot, as my cousin began to eye me up. I hit the shuttle and it...it didn't go very far. Just as I assumed, it weighed far too much for these rackets to handle. For one the inside of the head on the racket was made of cloth, not strings, so when this large overweight shuttle bounces off of it, the cloth retracts back, and makes making a shot difficult, and annoying.
We put a little more muscle into our swing, but the shuttles size was just far too large to maneuver properly. We plopped the large shuttle into the box, and brought out a bunch of normal sized ones. Thats when the fun began.
We were able to shoot large shuttles almost across the entire yard. But it was not fun with just the 2 of us, so we grabbed my brother and his girlfriend, and all took a spot on the lawn as we smacked the shuttle back and forth to one another. Once we got a good feel of the rackets and smaller shuttles, we went team against team at the net.
Things got fun, and boy did it provide tons of exercise. There is nothing better than having fun and getting fit all in one. However what was annoying was that these rackets gave a lot of extra POW to the smaller shuttles, so we had to stand really far back from the net to make a proper hit without it flying a mile behind someones head.
We played for a good solid 2 hours or so, but what's great about this set is how when you are outside, and bored with a few buddies, you can pull out this set time and time again. It's not one of those 'play it once, and never again' type games. It like a video game, has re-play value. Not only that, it will bring the kids away from the video games, and outside to enjoy real life for a change.
Overall
Monster badminton is a lot of fun, I love the large rackets, which also makes learning the game easy for younger children. I hate the overweight shuttles which not sit in their boxes, and the net is absolute garbage, and a waste of time to even set up. You can really have fun without setting one up.
In my opinion the 4 rackets is really the best thing you are getting from this set, and the $19.99 we spent is really not that bad of a price, but seeing the price a little lower couldn't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment