Thursday, July 31, 2014

T-Rex Water's Edge Pet Bowl

Efficient drinking dishes for hermit crabs can be the most difficult dishes to obtain. I have used ridiculous sea shells that the crab would spill over the moment he went in for a drink. I've tried bowls; metal ones, and rock/stone dishes. All of them ended up the same though, tipped over, and drained into the hermit crab sand making a mess, and leaving no water behind for the crabs. The stupid sponges are also messy and useless, and they dry up in only a few hours.
I wanted something that would hold water, while being sturdy enough to hold the crabs weight if he decided to walk across it or play on it.
When I cam across a large T-Rex Water's Edge Bowl I was in love. I knew that this little contraption was exactly what I needed, and what they would love.
The T-Rex bowl is designed so water cannot drip from it, in one chamber water sits, while a larger hill keeps the water from tipping over. The bowl is also sturdy and the crabs can easily walk in and out of it, while getting a drink or taking a dip.
The bowl is designed to look like tree bark, so it fits well to any theme you may have going on in your tank. This particular bowl comes in small sizes, and large ones that will fit snuggly in a 10 gallon tank in a corner.
This was the size I bought, even though there was larger sizes available. I figured this would look best slightly buried in the sand at my hermit beach. I was able to bury it slightly in the sand, so it looked as if they could wade out into the beach water. It is neat, and best of all, it's cheap. I only spent $11.99 for it at Petco about 3 months ago.
My crabs seem to enjoy it, and it is not unusual to spot the both of them wading in it, or drinking from it.
My crabs can easily walk through it, or around it without anything tipping or spilling over. I now have in my hermits tank an efficient spill proof bowl. This bowl is also excellent for lizards, turtles, snakes, and frogs. It is an excellent bowl because it provides a safe level of water. It is not too deep as to where I have to worry about my crabs drowning. It is the perfect wading level for any reptile.
I highly recommend that anyone who owns a reptile buy their pet the T-Rex water's edge bowl. Not only is it easy to maintain and clean, but it will provide your pet plenty of water. I plan on buying a smaller water's edge bowl for the other side of the tank.
There is not a single bad thing I could say about this bowl. I'm grateful I found it, and grateful for the company that designed it. It is by far the best watering bowl I have ever had for my hermits. I no longer have to worry about them knocking it over and not having water all day.
You can find this bowl in different sizes at any local petco. You may also purchase it right now at www.petco.com for $8.99 for the small sized bowl. I have only seen it in the one available color which is brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment