Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Finis Mermaid Swim Fin for Girls

My niece took a big step this year and decided she wanted to learn how to swim without the use of annoying body tube suits, or tight arm swimmies. It took some time, but within only about 2 weeks she was off like a little mermaid, swimming on her own without the use of any flotation devices.
Seeing how her birthday was only a few weeks away, I figured I would get her a bunch of mermaid toys and products, because as of now mermaids are all she talks about. There isn't a day that went by where she wasn't talking about The Little Mermaid, or mermaids she claims she has seen in the ocean or bay.
When I came across the toy section in Walmart I discovered a bunch of mermaid type things, but most of them just surrounded Ariel. Seeing how the kid already has everything and anything Ariel, I wanted to pass up on this red head mermaid, and get her other types of mermaids. I came across some color changing mermaids, and little Polly pocket type play sets.
I grabbed these toys up and just as I was about to leave feeling satisfied with my gifts, staring at me were the neatest pair of fins I had ever seen. Hell, if I wasn't 25, I would have gotten a pair for myself.
The fins were shaped like mermaid fins (or fish tails). I wasn't sure how well they would work for her in the water only because of their odd shape, but I knew she would love them. I went with the only color available in the store at the time which was pink (luckily her favorite color). They do however also sell them in purple, and in navy blue for boys.
The Finis Mermaid Swim Fin for Girls comes with adjustable velcro straps to ensure a perfect fit. They are suited for children with shoes sizes 1-7.
Of course her fins were a hit, and she put them on right in the middle of her birthday party. I get a warm feeling when children like my presents above and beyond anyone else's. I have this knack for picking out the perfect gifts for kids, and I knew that these fins would be her favorite.
They fit her like a charm and she went waddling away asking to get into the pool. She of course, was denied.
She received the fins back in July, and still will drag them along with her to the beach. Thankfully she has not lost on yet, and it worried me that if one slipped off while she was in the ocean she would have a hissy fit.
She swears that the fins will attract mermaids to her, that they will think she is one of them, and that they will invite her to their magical under sea kingdom. Hehehe. Gotta love that imagination. I'm glad the fins brought it out in her. There is nothing better than witnessing a child using their imaginations, and these fins really brought it out in her while she is at the beach or ocean.
Overall, the fins are a definite hit for little girls. I think any little girl would love them, mermaid fans or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment