Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Rock-It Shower Radio

I've had a radio in my bathroom for quite some time, and figured that it would be a good time to write about my Shower Radio to let people know whether or not it is a good buy.
You see the holidays are right around the corner, and I think that I should take the time to let you know about this shower radio that I have always found to be a neat gift to give to someone, or to yourself.
That gift is the cheap $20.00 Rock-It Shower Radio from Bed Bath and Beyond. You really can't go wrong. Everyone loves music, so why not let them enjoy it while taking a shower.
I actually bought myself this one quite a few months ago, I wanted to enjoy tunes in the tub. I enjoy taking long showers, and I also enjoy a relaxing bath. I figured music in the bathroom would put me in a good mood, and that some tunes could put me in a relaxing mood while bathing.
The Rock-It Shower Radio has a fog free mirror, and a clock. The fog free mirror though is pretty strange to look at when you view yourself in it. You look somewhat distorted. I guess because it is fog free it is made differently. It has an AM/FM radio obviously, and comes with the button cell lithium battery for the clock to work. It does not though come with the 3 AA batteries it needs to get the radio to work. Seeing how I am not a box reader I bought the radio without knowing I needed batteries, so I was a bit pissed about that.
I liked the fact that this radio gave me 2 options to place it in the shower. I could either hang it up to the wall using its suction cups, or I could simply place it on our shower shelf, or tub rail. I was though a bit disappointed that it did not come with a hanging rope. I have used shower radios in the past that came with an attached rope to hang around the showers head. It made things easy and convenient for when I wanted to change stations.
I placed the radio on our shower shelf and put it to work. I was surprised at the nice reception I was getting, and the clarity of the music. Not bad! Nice!
I went away with my shower while listening to music. Having music to sing along to while showering just puts you in a good mood, and this is why I love it. There are though, some things you may not love about it.
1. The batteries died in about 2 weeks and needed replacement. I found this to be annoying, seeing how everyone in the house was using it, yet it was MINE! I ended up replacing the batteries again, and still it only lasted about 2/3 weeks.
2. The mirror is not a fog proof as it claims. I never use the mirror in the shower, not do I have a need to, but for those buying this expecting a fog proof mirror, you are going to be very disappointed. The mirror does not fog up as bad as a regular mirror, but it does fog. It seems the fog comes from the inside mechanisms.
Besides these 2 drawbacks though, the Rock-It Shower Radio is a pretty decent shower radio for a nice price. If you don't think this is something you yourself would enjoy, do know that it would make for an awesome gift for anyone ages 5-105. For only $20.00 you really can't loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment