Thursday, July 31, 2014

Frosty Paws Peanut Butter Ice Cream for Dogs Dog Tested, Mother Approved!

Since my dog cannot type, I figured I would write about his Dog Paw ice cream experience for him after I have conducted my interview.
Okay... I'm holding the microphone up to his wet nose, as I begin my interview.
"Bubba, how' did you like that Frosty Paws ice cream?"
-Well woof... woof...woofff....hoooowwwllll.... lick, lick, slurp... slurp
"Oh thats great, I'm glad you love it, but did you know, that this ice cream is specially designed for dogs?"
Woofy?
"Yes, smart dogie! Sorry, no, you cannot eat all 4 cups at one time. 3.5 ounces in one cup is more than enough. You only weigh 7 pounds yourself."
-Woof woof, howl....
"Yes I know, the white dog with the red and black scarf is very cute. But you know it's only a drawing on the box."
-Ruff rufff... woooofff...
"Yes, I know, they cool you off on hot summer days, but you already had one babes."
-Hoooowwwllll
"Oh, I got it in the ice cream section at the grocery store, and yes, they do come in more flavors. Peanut butter, and original."
-Grrrooooowwwwllll
"No, you just had one!"
-Howl, howl, howl
"Oh, okay, you can have another one later. Gez!"
I guess it is official my dog is in love with his Frosty Paws.
When I first saw them staring back at me in King Kullen I honestly didn't think he would go for it. My dog loves ice cream, and I the bad dog mommy I am, always let him have it. When I saw ice cream designed for dogs, it was only natural that I'd pick up a case. However, seeing how Bubba has become so used to eating human ice cream, I thought he would look at me like I was nuts when I tried feeding these dixie cups to him.
But hey, he liked it. Surprise, surprise, it's a miracle!
The peanut butter flavored ice cream smelled like peanut butter, but peanut butter for dogs. You know that scent, that iron like phewy stink you get when you open a tin can of green beans. It's not human it's not normal. But thats because it's for dogs. (The green beans...no comment). I wanted to give it a lick, to see what he was going through, but it smelled pretty echy, so I avoided the tongue dip.
The ice cream itself, did look old though. Something I definitely would not eat. It had sickly light pukish color to it. I was not impressed, but low and behold, the dog was, so that was all that mattered.
ISSUES:
One issue I have with Frosty Paws ice cream treats though, is the cup itself. My dog cannot fit his face into the small cup properly, so I always have to give it to him in a bowl. If you just give the dog the dixie cup, they are going to make a mess pushing it around the floor with their faces, or they're going to leave a lot behind to be wasted.
THE GOOD:
Well its obvious my dog loves them, and so do the other dogs in the house, but besides them liking it, I was also happy knowing that he was getting a healthy nutritious snack to keep him cool. There is no added sugar, and Frosty Paws ice cream contains protein, minerals, and vitamins that every dog needs.
Frosty Paws contains:
WATER, DRIED WHEY, SOY FLOUR, ANIMAL FAT (PRESERVED WITH BHA AND BHT), DRIED WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, VEGETABLE FAT, SOY LECITHIN, PEANUT BUTTER SYRUP (PEANUTS, CORN OIL, SALT), MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, MONO-DIGLYCERIDES, CARBOXYMETHYLCELLULOSE, POLYSORBATE 80, POLYSORBATE 60, CALCIUM CARBONATE, NATURAL FLAVOR, CHOLINE CHLORIDE, FERROUS SULFATE, ZINC SULFATE, MANGANESE SULFATE, MAGNESIUM OXIDE, SILICON DIOXIDE, VITAMIN A SUPPLEMENT, VITAMIN E SUPPLEMENT, NIACIN SUPPLEMENT, COPPER SULFATE, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, RIBOFLAVIN SUPPLEMENT, POTASSIUM IODIDE, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, VITAMIN D3 SUPPLEMENT, VITAMIN B12 SUPPLEMENT, FOLIC ACID.
Guaranteed analysisCrude protein not less than8.0%Crude fat not less than6.5%Crude fiber not more than1.0%Moisture not more than68.0%Sodium not more than0.50%
PRICING:
Frosty Paws ice cream comes to $5.99 for the 4 3.5oz cups in my local grocery store. Pricing may slightly vary depending on where you are from.
MORE:
To view more frozen treats from Frosty Paws visit www.Frostypawstreats.com.
OVERALL:
Frosty Paws ice cream is a treat that I find myself loading into the cart week after week. Especially in hot summer months when I know my dog will appreciate them most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment