Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Review of Bostitch Stanley Premium Desktop/Stand-Up Stapler, Full Strip, Chrome B3000 CHROME

I don't know who this Stanley Bostitch guy is, but he came with my desk. On my first day of work, he sort of just sat there with his shiny long face, staring me down. I don't know what he wanted, how he got there, or how to get rid of him. He annoyed me, he reminded me of work, and paper cuts. At my interview for the job he was not there, and now that he was I began to get intimidated. Dammit!
Turned out my boss put Mr. Bostitch there on my desk. Turns out he picked him up at the Office Depot and figured we needed a new stapler, seeing how our last stapler couldn't do the job anymore. It is my opinion that the boss just made an excuse to buy Stanley.
Stanley Bostitch, I mean Bostitch Stanley is a chrome stapler. He is rather pretty for a stapler, and he can even eat a whole row of staples, 210 to be precise... thats what the box says anyway.
Me the office gal here in the office decided to put Bostitch to the test though, could he really swallow all 210 staples? Let's see.
I opened Stanley Bostitch's mouth with ease, I then tried to place in a whole row of staples... and...and... Stanley almost ate em all, he honestly could only fit about 208 staples into his mouth, the others kept popping up out of his mouth. They didn't want to get eaten I guess.
My Bostitch Stanley Premium Desktop Stand Up Stapler doesn't do very much, I mean he sits there all day looking at me, wondering if and when I am going to burp him. However it's been slow, and Bostitch is just going to have to understand I'm not interested in using him right now. God he is even looking at me right now, with his little chrome face...okay calm down Stanley I'll use you now.
I punched Bostitch's head down, he was getting on my nerves. I had nothing to staple, so I stapled the stapler. It worked with success, and didn't even clog Stanley's mouth up. He looks happy.
When I do want him to do office things though, he works and always gets the job done, holds the paper together just fine.
You can get your own Bostitch Stanley at Office Depot as well. Stanley has cousins, and they all come in a wide assortment of colors such as blue, brown, red... etc. My boss liked chrome I guess, which I have to agree is a nice color.
This particular stapler not only staples paper, but also makes for a good mirror. Not really an excellent mirror, but if you need to take a look at your eye or face you can get up close to the Bostitch and see a blurry reflection of yourself.
I'm not sure how much my boss picked him up for. He seems like an upper class type of office gadget though, so I'm going to guess anywhere from $15-$25. A lot of money for a stapler yes; but he will last and last and last.
I've had a few jams with the stapler, but nothing major, and most errors and jams were my fault...because did you know you can shoot staples at other people at their desks using the Bostitch. Yep... I sure am glad no one ever made a safety feature for this type of game.
It's easy really, open the staplers mouth a bit, and aim for someone...press down... and pray they duck, or risk getting fired. If you are going to play this game though, make sure it is with someone else with a sense of humor like yours... you know a sick one.
Overall I totally recommend Bostitch Stanley Premium Desktop/Stand-Up Stapler, Full Strip, Chrome, and I am not just saying that because he came with the desk. He's a pretty cool gadget to have... I hated him at first, but with long hours and phones that don't ring, me and Bostitch have become great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment